Sign in to follow this  
wb5okj

A couple of suggestions for better readability in the cockpit:

For those having a bit of difficulty reading small gauges in VR, and if you are using FlyInside, you can make the cockpit just a little bit larger than life size by decreasing the world scale. I did this in the Dreamfoil Bell 407 helicopter by changing the world scale to 90% rather than 100%, this makes the cockpit just a bit larger and the small gauges on the 407 are all readable. I have a I7 6850K and GTX 1080, all stock no overclock, although the 6850 K runs natively at 3.75 MHz instead of the stated 3.6 MHz, so I guess it is in a sense a small overclock. Anyway at those settings, in the Los Angeles Basin I get a solid 25/94 fps as reported by FlyInside, that is with maximum world objects, everything else turned down to one click less than maximum. By running ortho4xplane I can easily turn down the world objects two clicks left and still get acceptable graphics for me. At those settings I get a 34/94 fps as reported by FlyInside I keep the AA at 2x, Oculus trey is set for 2.00 supersampling and resolution is 3840 by 2376. with these settings all of the gauges are readable. Of course the screen door effect and haze are still there, for me however it is not a problem as in the real life area I fly in visibility quite often is under 10 miles to 7 miles anyway. Haze is quite pronounced in the summer times, quite often. 

34 minutes ago, wb5okj said:

At those settings I get a 34/94 fps as reported by FlyInside I keep the AA at 2x, Oculus trey is set for 2.00 supersampling and resolution is 3840 by 2376. with these settings all of the gauges are readable. 

Please can you explain the difference of changing the resolution Flyinside? My understanding is that the Oculus resolution is fixed so how can increasing it in Flyinside be of benefit? Also, please can you share what AA setting you have set within X-Plane 11 itself. I am not sure whether there is value setting AA in both Flyinside and in X-Plane 11. Cheers.

If you go into FlyInside settings, they give four different options for resolution. The 3840 x 2374 is the clearest for me, but does cut down on the fps. the next lowest setting is still readable and gives a bit more fps, but I prefer the higher resolution. In VR I use the 2x+SSAA+FXAAwhich is acceptable to me in VR but in flat screen I have to use 8X+, I can't stand the shimmering that I get in flatscreen at 8X + I get away from the shimmering. In VR the shimmering is not nearly as noticeable, it is still there but not as objectionable to me. I think that shimmering is different for different people, I see people using 2X AA in flat screen without any problems apparently, but one of the few things that drive me crazy, if that makes any sense. LOL