Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Some dusk and day shots around KFNT area, Michigan

After seeing your pics I set my Xp-11 to darkness, really liked it.  Still a newbie with the sim, I am giving it a lot of attention vs. P3D, trying to explore what is different.  Mostly the mesh, autogen and ground textures I think, very realistic, very good for VFR flight in the 172.  Lakes and waterways are done very well.  I thought the sim arena had gone dormant since FSX, I am happy to see it is not with both P3d and XP.  FSW doesn't compare I think, I saw a review of it, still early in development.  P3d and XP have a good feel in the air, they compare against each other now.  I think sim use depends on add-on aircraft now, I like the defaults in XP-11 better, like the P3d Carenado add-ons for P3d.  Soon I will purchase the Mirage for XP-11, then I will have an aircraft that fills the niches I fly in.

John

9 hours ago, Cactus521 said:

After seeing your pics I set my Xp-11 to darkness, really liked it.  Still a newbie with the sim, I am giving it a lot of attention vs. P3D, trying to explore what is different.  Mostly the mesh, autogen and ground textures I think, very realistic, very good for VFR flight in the 172.  Lakes and waterways are done very well.  I thought the sim arena had gone dormant since FSX, I am happy to see it is not with both P3d and XP.  FSW doesn't compare I think, I saw a review of it, still early in development.  P3d and XP have a good feel in the air, they compare against each other now.  I think sim use depends on add-on aircraft now, I like the defaults in XP-11 better, like the P3d Carenado add-ons for P3d.  Soon I will purchase the Mirage for XP-11, then I will have an aircraft that fills the niches I fly in.

John

In the end game, it's all about fun, entertainment, and self-education, right? :)

I find myself under the heading of a 'Serial Simmer'...he who flys them all...lol.

Cheers John, and have fun exploring!

Mitch

I've had fun with both sims.  Good thing that came out of the crash of my old PC is rediscovery of a hobby that did not stand still since the release of FSX.  Lockheed Martin has done an outstanding job with P3d, and Austin has done a great job with XP-11.  And I am sure the makers of FSW will work hard on their product.  My fav aircraft in XP-11 is the Skyhawk, it has certainly evolved since earlier versions of the sim.  I get a feel from what I remember flying real world Skyhawks back in the 80's.  I was disappointed the Skyhawk was taken out of P3d, don't quite know why.  The Mooney Acclaim is a good aircraft there however, prefer it over the Ovation.  I wish there were more classic aircraft in P3d, like the old Jenny.  But I do have my trike to enjoy in that sim, which works great with the real life flight dynamics I built into its flight model.  Worth a download from Avsim's library if you like low and slow.  The instruments are tuned to the Rotax 447 on the trike, with the rpms up there to match its real world performance.  Bringing it back to 5800 or so allows a 45mph cruise.  The airspeed indicator is calibrated in mph vs. knots, as is common with ultralights.  The dials I incorporated from images of real gauges I found online, and the gauges are coded in xml.

John

24 minutes ago, Cactus521 said:

I've had fun with both sims.  Good thing that came out of the crash of my old PC is rediscovery of a hobby that did not stand still since the release of FSX.  Lockheed Martin has done an outstanding job with P3d, and Austin has done a great job with XP-11.  And I am sure the makers of FSW will work hard on their product.  My fav aircraft in XP-11 is the Skyhawk, it has certainly evolved since earlier versions of the sim.  I get a feel from what I remember flying real world Skyhawks back in the 80's.  I was disappointed the Skyhawk was taken out of P3d, don't quite know why.  The Mooney Acclaim is a good aircraft there however, prefer it over the Ovation.  I wish there were more classic aircraft in P3d, like the old Jenny.  But I do have my trike to enjoy in that sim, which works great with the real life flight dynamics I built into its flight model.  Worth a download from Avsim's library if you like low and slow.  The instruments are tuned to the Rotax 447 on the trike, with the rpms up there to match its real world performance.  Bringing it back to 5800 or so allows a 45mph cruise.  The airspeed indicator is calibrated in mph vs. knots, as is common with ultralights.  The dials I incorporated from images of real gauges I found online, and the gauges are coded in xml.

John

I'll certainly check your recommendation out, John!  Thanks,

Mitch