Sign in to follow this  
zfehr

Flight1 has released their Commander 112A

Hi Craig,N1316J is a real plane and lives in Texas. Her owner is one of the members of the Commander Owners Group and she is one of six aircraft representing the COG in Flight1's Commander 112 package.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Does this release include The Chelton Flightview MFD Terrain option, and if so is the area limited like the AOPA version?

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest davidvoogd

Yes the terrain is in there, and yes it it also limited to the area of the AOPA version.

Guest MD11Forever

>Yes the terrain is in there, and yes it it also limited to>the area of the AOPA version.Maybe dumb question, but why is it limited? Shouldn't we be able to use it anywhere we choose to fly the aircraft?

>Maybe dumb question, but why is it limited? Shouldn't we be>able to use it anywhere we choose to fly the aircraft? Because the files would take well over 100mb just for the USA. I would love to see some downloadable area files to expand the user area but we will just have to wait and see if they are viable.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Hi Zane,Try more like around 700 MB.Please keep in mind we never mentioned anything about terrain capability or promised it in this package.We may offer an enhanced version of the Chelton in the future with full terrain capabilities, but it wont be a free upgrade...Thanks for the good reports and support, the 112 is a great little package and we truly appreciate your business.Regards,Jim

>Yes the terrain is in there, and yes it it also limited to>the area of the AOPA version.Thanks david, appreciate the response. :)

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Yeah, around 700MB is certainly well over 100MB. It is a neat feature though, I'd love to have it for that approach into Hailey, Idaho or any other difficult mountaineous approach.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest MD11Forever

>Hi Zane,>>Try more like around 700 MB.>>Please keep in mind we never mentioned anything about terrain>capability or promised it in this package.>>We may offer an enhanced version of the Chelton in the future>with full terrain capabilities, but it wont be a free>upgrade...>>Thanks for the good reports and support, the 112 is a great>little package and we truly appreciate your business.>>Regards,>>JimMakes perfect sense. I also never once said anything about this function being promised in any of the advertising. It just seemed strange to me to offer something with limited functionality in a payware package, that's all. I can see the download size being an issue for Flight1. A bit disappointing, is all. Would have liked to (learn to)use this feature in the areas I will primarily be flying the aircraft.

The Chelton system is an incredibly complex set of avionics. Way, way more so than the avidynes or even a G1000. It got it's roots from military design and logic. It is absoloutly impossible to expect 100% functionality of this type of system if it were $30.00 by itself.There is no way I would try to develop a 100K + system to a limited $30.00 audience. There is a reason why these kind of avionics cost what they do guys and if I developed a 100% simulation, I would target it to the training market where it would fetch an expected return for investment. Regardless, we believe the commander does offer a great value in what is provided and how many different ways it can be configured. We hope you feel the same way too. But dont give up, like I said, we may entertain a deeper level with the Cheltons as an add-on.Regards,Jim

Guest MD11Forever

Jim- please- no need to get defensive. I was just stating my opinions- that's all. I do see where you are coming from and understand. I'd write more but I'm outta here to go fly around Wisconsin in my Commander. :-)

Not being defensive in the least bit. Just trying to make a point about our development angle on this before it goes too deep one way or another. The question was asked... and I am trying to answer the question "why"?You have to admit that sometimes once a topic begins rolling, it can gather quite a bit of moss and opinions before it stops and I want it to be clear where we are coming from and why we did what we did and where we may end up.And I understand your point completely. Enjoy your flight!Jim