Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

MCE XPlane11 procedure

Gerald,

I have installed latest version of MCE-XP in default C:\Program Files (x8^0\... folder and set MCE to run as administrator, however I still can't get MCE to recognise and perform any aircraft flows. I have been trying with Peter Hager's A320 (not NEO version) but copied the NEO scripts to a folder called A320 (the acf file is called a320.acf )

Also tried copying scripts into the "All" aircraft folder, but still no joy. I for instance requested "Cockpit Preparation" and FO interpreted it as "cockpit crew checklist", then tried "Before Start Flow", and he interpreted it as "Before Start checklist".

I could cope with just the checklists, but would really like the flow scripts to be working properly.

Any chance of finding the problem and fixing soon? 

Cheers,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

1 hour ago, STUART_H said:

Gerald,

I have installed latest version of MCE-XP in default C:\Program Files (x8^0\... folder and set MCE to run as administrator, however I still can't get MCE to recognise and perform any aircraft flows. I have been trying with Peter Hager's A320 (not NEO version) but copied the NEO scripts to a folder called A320 (the acf file is called a320.acf )

Also tried copying scripts into the "All" aircraft folder, but still no joy. I for instance requested "Cockpit Preparation" and FO interpreted it as "cockpit crew checklist", then tried "Before Start Flow", and he interpreted it as "Before Start checklist".

I could cope with just the checklists, but would really like the flow scripts to be working properly.

Any chance of finding the problem and fixing soon? 

Cheers,

Stuart

Maybe a case of aircraft not properly identified as the Peter Hager supported A320, hence MCE interfacing it as default non-supported aircraft.

Just knowing the ".acf name isn't enough.

In "xpmce.exe" set "Debug=1"

Start MCE and a dialog box should pop-up showing what data MCE is seeing.

Send a screenshot to support.

Thanks

i cant get MCE to work at all 

all i get is smart comments from copilot 

cant get any response for checklist readouts

all i get (somtimes  is vr 0ne & rotate)

and sometimes i get response for gear up and down and flup settings THATS it)!!!!😣

i think i wasted my money (which was a lot)

tony gard

9 hours ago, Tony Gard said:

i cant get MCE to work at all 

all i get is smart comments from copilot 

cant get any response for checklist readouts

all i get (somtimes  is vr 0ne & rotate)

and sometimes i get response for gear up and down and flup settings THATS it)!!!!😣

i think i wasted my money (which was a lot)

tony gard

You realize nobody buys MCE without going through and being satisfied with the the Demo. Therefore an easy question is why did you do that?

Voice control isn't for everyone, that's why we don't want impulse purchases based on "doctored videos" which make you believe you're going to get a real world first officer for US$ 40 or so.

We don't want to suggest people buy better headsets, move their PC to a suited (quieter) room or learn aviation terminology AFTER the purchase.

If you want it to work, we can certainly help.

If you already passed judgment, then there is nothing we can do to change your mind.

Suffice to say.

If you're not getting any speech input through, run Start->All Apps->Multi Crew X-Plane->Assign sound device in order to get MCE to listen on the correct one.

As stated on our Downloads page so far 22 complex aircraft are supported (not counting default X-Plane aircraft), not every single complex aircraft is though.

The next one being works in progress is Airbus A319 from Toliss, and all users will have it supported by next month at no cost (free update).

With unsupported aircraft, FO will barely handle gear, flaps, sometimes radios dialing.