Sign in to follow this  
odourboy

P3D V4 Configuration Files

Hi, I'm re-installing P3D V4 onto a new machine today. My controllers and monitor are also moving from the old machine to the new one, so the setup should be almost identical. I'd like to save some effort so rather than manually record and re-enter, just copy all my P3D configuration (graphics settings etc.) and controllers (axis, buttons etc.) setup from the old machine to the new one. Could someone in the know point me at the path/files that contain this data so i can just copy from the old machine to the new?

Cheers! Brian

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Personally I would start fresh and not copy files from a previous setup. Conflicts may result. Graphic settings would obviously be different from old machine.

8 minutes ago, bills511 said:

Personally I would start fresh and not copy files from a previous setup. Conflicts may result. Graphic settings would obviously be different from old machine.

This. I would never ever copy config files from an old computer to a new one. Never. Ever. I rather spend an hour more time on it than accidentally copy something bad into my brand new setup. And indeed, a new PC should be THE best time to reconsider all graphic options.

Hi, I'm re-installing P3D V4 onto a new machine today. My controllers and monitor are also moving from the old machine to the new one, so the setup should be almost identical. I'd like to save some effort so rather than manually record and re-enter, just copy all my P3D configuration (graphics settings etc.) and controllers (axis, buttons etc.) setup from the old machine to the new one. Could someone in the know point me at the path/files that contain this data so i can just copy from the old machine to the new?

Cheers! Brian

Hi Brian,

You can export your graphic settings from the Options - Display dialog. This creates a *.cfg file which will end up in the path C:\Users\you\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files.

I would let P3D install normally on the new machine and would copy & paste the above created file into the respective P3Dv4 folder on the new machine after you have first run P3Dv4 there. You can do the same for your controller settings.

Best Regards
Frank

• Upvote 1

Thanks Frank,

Unfortunately, I'd uninstalled P3D on the old machine so i could activate it on the new one. So I wasn't able to epxort the settings. I sucked it up and manually applied them based on the settings I'd used in V3, which was still functioning on the old machine. Anyway, it's done.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)