Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Carenado DLL.XML Entries in P3D4

I have seen where Carenado installers have, on occasion, placed the 32-bit version of a module in the dll.xml instead of the 64-bit version when installing a product or a product upgrade into P3DV4.  In the main P3DV4 folder you will see the 32-bit and 64-bit versions sitting together.  Make sure your dll.xml references/loads the 64-bit version such as:

XMLTools64; Carenavigraphx64 (for Navigraph Extension installs); and CMeteoXmlx64

Please do not add these modules if you do not see them in your dll.xml as they may not be required for some installations.  Just look for the entries and, if there, make sure they are the 64-bit verson.  This is for P3DV4 and higher and X-Plane installations only.

Best regards,

Jim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your post.  I am able to see both the "XMLTools64" and the "CMeteoXmix64" files in my main Prepar3Dv4 folder however I do not know where to go to check to see if these files are properly referenced.  I am having trouble with the v4 compatible versions of both the Phenom 100 and the TBM 850 and I can't seem to find the proper locations in either of these installations to check to see if the above files are properly referenced.  BTW, I don't seem to have 32bit versions of either the XMLTools or the CMeteoXmix files resident in my main Prepar3D v4 folder or at least they are not listed as such in that folder.

Thanks for helping those of us who may not have the knowledge to properly navigate to the areas you mention.

John