Sign in to follow this  
tjeuten

Unable to activate 737 NGX

Hi,

due to a complete PC reinstall last week, I had to reinstall P3D V4 and also the 737 NGX.

I'm getting an error on activation for the NGX however: ERROR: unable to activate communications.

1) Yes I'm sure I'm trying to activate with my correct licence key and not my order id

2) Yes I have tried with completely disabling my firewall

3) Yes my computer has no issues connecting to the Internet and the PMDG website

4) Yes both P3D V4 and the PMDG 737 NGX was installed with right-click "run as administrator"

5) Yes P3D V4 is also being run "as administrator"

That's all I can think of right now for troubleshooting so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

ps: OS = Windows 10 Pro 64, Creators Update

Mathieu

Mathieu Souphy

47 minutes ago, tjeuten said:

I'm getting an error on activation for the NGX however: ERROR: unable to activate communications.

Start menu > type "services.msc" (no quotes) and hit enter > find FlexNET in the list. Ensure that it is set to manual, and not disabled.

Then, download your installer from your account on our website. Uninstall any version you have currently installed. Reinstall via the installer you just downloaded.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the reply Kyle.

Unfortunately still no luck.

FlexNet service is running, NGX base package installer I'm using is dated from 27/07/2017 (redownloaded it to be sure but is the same as I was using before)...

Uninstalled, reinstalled, still got the issue...

Mathieu Souphy

15 hours ago, tjeuten said:

Uninstalled, reinstalled, still got the issue...

Uninstall. Clean out your downloads folder. Download a new copy from your account (do not use local stores, back up copies, and be sure that you've cleaned out your downloads folder prior to hitting 'download'). Reinstall.

There was an issue with one of the older installers that caused the issue you're seeing. My guess is that you're somehow using that old installer instead of a new copy. You'd be surprised at how many people leave old stuff in their download folders, and confuse it with new stuff.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle,

completely uninstalled, deleted PMDG folder from P3D folder, deleted PMDG ops center folder from C:\Program Files (x86), rebooted, redownloaded installer, reinstalled, and was now able to activate.

Don't know which action of the above did the trick, but one of them did.

Thanks again for the support.

Mathieu

Mathieu Souphy

12 minutes ago, tjeuten said:

Thanks Kyle,

completely uninstalled, deleted PMDG folder from P3D folder, deleted PMDG ops center folder from C:\Program Files (x86), rebooted, redownloaded installer, reinstalled, and was now able to activate.

Don't know which action of the above did the trick, but one of them did.

Thanks again for the support.

Mathieu

Glad to hear it helped. Enjoy!

Kyle Rodgers

I tried by all means to despair and fatigue, without any result. 

My best option was to get both dll with another colleague.
Unfortunately it does not show the libraries that I downloaded but I preferred not to wait so long since the forums do not show any concrete and effective solution.

Scandinavian, If you need my purchase information, I have no inconvenience in showing them but the truth is that I did not want to opt for a long wait via support.

BR

Manolix

On 12/22/2017 at 8:55 PM, Manolix said:

Scandinavian, If you need my purchase information, I have no inconvenience in showing them but the truth is that I did not want to opt for a long wait via support.

Getting files from someone else is grounds for having your (AND their) license revoked, honestly.

Support turnarounds are less than 48 hours. Even on a holiday like this, one of us is usually in the queue. Poor excuse to claim you don’t want to wait, honestly.

Kyle Rodgers

Ok Kyle, I understood. Please, could you help me with this problem?

I keep trying by all means without any result

Thanks

BR 

Manuel

8 minutes ago, Manolix said:

Ok Kyle, I understood. Please, could you help me with this problem?

I keep trying by all means without any result

We can, but I cannot offer support here. Please use the support system (support.precisionmanuals.com), as we will need to have information from you that should not be placed in an internet forum.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle, I will appreciate your support, but I can not enter my PMDG account. I tried to download a fresh installer but my account is locked.

Br

Manuel

6 minutes ago, Manolix said:

Thanks Kyle, I will appreciate your support, but I can not enter my PMDG account. I tried to download a fresh installer but my account is locked.

The store account and the support account are not the same. Create an account on the support site.

Kyle Rodgers

5 minutes ago, Manolix said:

Br

Manuel

Support uses a different account than the store one. If you do not have a support account create a new one at the support page

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com