Sign in to follow this  
Quijote

Night Lighting map in VR

Hello Dave,

I recently got the Oculus Rift and have been busily setting things up to run inside VR. Your program is the most recent. I use PlaneCommand on one button to set the controls in the cockpit and another button to talk on P2A. It all works. So now I can bring P2A into the cockpit and lay it on my lap as though it were a paper map. That way I never have to take off the goggles to make adjustments or to see where I am. It works really well!. However, I just made a night flight and your map is really bright.

Is there some way to dim the brightness? Or perhaps, this will be a feature for the future? Anyway, I mention it because I couldn't find anything in the documentation about brightness.

VR is very challenging as it puts huge demands on the system. I can't use xEnviro with it because of the hit on fps. But your program doesn't seem to cause a problem.

Best regards,

Richard

Richard,

Sounds cool.  I can put the brightness suggestion on the list, but off the top of my head, that's not a quick and easy change....not even sure if it can be done.

Dave