Markito

No VOR/ILS ident tone in P3DV4

5 posts in this topic

Dear Support-Team,

Since I have migrated to P3DV4, and when flying the 737 NGX, the VOR/ILS frequency ident tone is not audible, despite having NAV1/2 selected on the radio panel. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards,

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

4 minutes ago, Markito said:

Dear Support-Team,

If you're looking for official support, it's at support.precisionmanuals.com - that's the only way to get an official response, or guarantee someone from support sees it.

This is the community forum, where users are meant to help each other.

5 minutes ago, Markito said:

Since I have migrated to P3DV4, and when flying the 737 NGX, the VOR/ILS frequency ident tone is not audible, despite having NAV1/2 selected on the radio panel. Any suggestions?

  1. VOR or ILS selected and within range?
  2. Audio selector on the radio panel selected for that VOR/ILS (within range) enabled?
  3. Sound devices configured properly (in Windows and in the sim, itself)?
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:
  1. VOR or ILS selected and within range? 
  2. Audio selector on the radio panel selected for that VOR/ILS (within range) enabled?
  3. Sound devices configured properly (in Windows and in the sim, itself)?

1. Checked - glide slope and localizer signals appear on the PFD.

2. Checked - as mentioned in my previous message NAV1/2 button selected and filter switch set on B (Both).

3. Checked - If not, then I certainly would not be able the ident tone in other aircrafts like the 777 - I guess). But tried out all Windows Sound Devices in P3D.

Nothing changed. Tone is still not audible. Thank you anyway...

Regards,

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Markito said:

1. Checked - glide slope and localizer signals appear on the PFD.

Ok.

2 hours ago, Markito said:

2. Checked - as mentioned in my previous message NAV1/2 button selected and filter switch set on B (Both).

Not what I'm seeing here.

2 hours ago, Markito said:

3. Checked - If not, then I certainly would not be able the ident tone in other aircrafts like the 777 - I guess). But tried out all Windows Sound Devices in P3D.

Nothing changed. Tone is still not audible. Thank you anyway...

Something is going on on your computer, because it's not what I'm seeing here.

Do you have any 3rd party add-ons for sound, perhaps? Anything that might have gone in to modify sounds/files?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My audio definitions were set to 5.1 surround speakers. Now with the definitions set to two stereo speakers the VOR/ILS ident tone is audible again. 

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now