Sign in to follow this  
benjoglove

GTN750 cannot load GFP file

Hi,

I have been in touch with F1Flightsim in regards to an error being thrown when trying to import a plan into the GTN750. The plan is converted by littlenavmap. I create a flight in pfpx then use your program to change to a gfp. This was F1flightsim's reply.

_

Ben,

Can you please show me the flight plan created with the planning software?
Since this is not an issue of the F1 GTN, but a flight planning issue, let me explain.

It seems like you are trying to load an airway: J37
But an airways requires an entry and an exit point. The exit point is fine, but the entry point is not defined as a VOR, but as a lat/lon:"S32316E137421" This is incorrect and there is no way for the GTN to load this flight plan. The same error would occur in real life.

You need to address that waypoint: "S32316E137421", either manually add the airway, or make sure that it uses an identifier.

Sorry, but it is not us.

_
They have narrowed it down to your program after further discussion. I get the error flight plan import failed in GTN750.

Is there a fix please?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Ben,

can you send me both the PLN file from PFPX and the exported GFP file? I try to add the fix to the next release which already in beta.

Alex

Hi Ben,

It seems that PFPX sets the name of STAR procedures into the airway field in the flight plan. Maybe there is an option where you can switch that off in PFPX.

Also, there is an airway (the STAR name) before the destination airport which is not correct.

All that confused my program a lot.

I now applied a workaround which deletes these invalid airways at the destination and I also fixed the code for the route string and GFP plan.

I hope that this is not a new P3D v4 surprise/feature ...

Alex