Sign in to follow this  
Pgdavis2

Garmin database update

How do we update the Garmin database?  Flying on PilotEdge so I need new(ish) approaches, SIDS and STARs...This may be answered elsewhere but can't find it now...thanks!

Hi, there is an ongoing discussion in our GNS X-Plane forum here:

This shall get you started.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Like indicated in the thread, the GTN 6.01 DB is compatible.

I can't vouch which Garmin subscription will work with the GNS, but at least I know the GTN trainer DB up to GTN 6.01 was working, and other customers with a real GNS subscription have had success too, except for the obstacle DB.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Reading through that thread, it appears that the RXP GTN database (which is not the latest Garmin 6.21.1) will work with the GNS, but Garmin evidently changed their schema in 6.21 so that it won't work.  How can I get an older version of the GTN database?  If that is really compatible, it would be nice if RXP could make that available for their GNS customers.  Any chance of that?

The easiest would have been to keep the trainer 6.01 around on your drive. There is a chance someone else with a GTN simulation might have kept a copy of the installer someplace and could privately share the files with you?

Like I've said previously, we know how important for a lot of you the DB is, and once we're done with releasing our entire new product line, I'l personally take the time to further explore all possible avenues for this. I have quite a few ideas already, but there are just 24H a day unfortunately.

I actually never had an older version of the trainer.  I used to use MindStar which one could update with realnav.  Unfortunately that isn't P3Dv4.  There is always something!