Sign in to follow this  
asadkamal

Some commands that the 777 had but cant find in the 747

Just needed some information that I might have missed in the manual regarding some commands that I cant seem to find. FYI I am using voice control:

1) Is there no command to instruct the FO to disconnect the auto pilot ?

2) Are there no commands to instruct FO to set certain EFIS modes on the captains side similar to the 777 such as ;set EFIS mode to approach or display weather on my side ?

My apologies in advance if I have missed this stuff in the manual but I did look for it a couple of times :).

Regards,

Asad

Hi Asad,

The autopilot disconnect switch is on the Capt's control column.  You'd never ask the FO to do it.  You'd just press it.

Same with the EFIS modes on the Captain's side.  Besides, it would be hard for the FO to reach that far.

That said, we thought about adding those voice commands 'just for the sake of having them' like in the 777.  The problem is, and we found this in the 777, is that benefits don't outweigh the risk of the speech system accidentally detecting "select autopilot off' when you're doing an autoland and you're 100 feet off the ground.

Cheers,

• Upvote 1

Makes sense, thanks alot for the clarification. BTW cant get it to recognize the seat belts commands, do you think training voice recognition would do the trick ?

Thanks again for the response and explanation.

Regards,

Asad

1 hour ago, asadkamal said:

Makes sense, thanks alot for the clarification. BTW cant get it to recognize the seat belts commands, do you think training voice recognition would do the trick ?

Regards,

Asad

Hi Asad,

I'm not Bryan, but I can help with this. YES! I think I did voice recognition training 5 or 6 times. It really does help. At first, FS2Crew wouldn't recognize the word FLAPS. I have no issue with anything now.

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

3 hours ago, asadkamal said:

Regards,

Asad

Possibly.

What's the exact word for word command you're trying to say so I can double check.

It could be a voice training or it could be a bug in the manual or something.

Set seat belts signs off/on

@Scott Thanks alot, I think I will try that. Don't have issues with any other commands except the seat belts at this time :). The seat belts for 777 works, even though in the 777 the commands is 'seat belts signs on/off' without the set.

Regards Asad