Sign in to follow this  
cptburgos

Reality xp + Hardware

Hello i just purchased the gns 430 v2 but i cannot configure my elite gns 430 module.

Where i can find hardware PID and Hardware selector number? To include this info into configuration file rpx

Thanks.

Hi, like indicated in the user's manual, these settings are only for the PFC hardware with a LEGACY RXP GNS hardware driver license, and are meant for our existing customers.

For other hardware, you might want to use the keyboard shortcuts as a bridge, or the new "Use GPS Commands" option should your hardware is capable of controlling the default FS GPS.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hello: as you has could see, i'd been facing problems with my hardware (Elite gns 430 module) and Reality Xp Gns 430 V2.

Why i bought this? Well, i just simple thought there will be compatibility between them like the Gns 430 for fsx and Xplane.

If there is compatibility with the oldest gns 430 why not with the new one?...

Thanks for your answer.

Hi,

First, please, don't cross-post and try not opening a new thread, for the same question.

I might have missed something to follow you through "as you could see", nevertheless, the Elite module is out of our control. It might have been made compatible with our legacy GNS only because Elite has decided to make it so, but it would have been without any of direct support.

However, should this hardware device be able to just be configured to send keyboard key strokes to FltSim, you can probably configure those, along with GNS V2 keyboard shortcuts to match, in order to make the device trigger keys which trigger the GNS V2 functions.

Otherwise, should this hardware device be able to just be configured to send default GPS commands, you can opt for the "Use GPS Commands" GNS V2 setting in order for it to intercept these commands.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Well is finally working but only left few functions to get it fully functional.

I'd assigned shortcuts in the image but the knobs are not workingm Curious thing when i pushed one of them, outter knob rotate cw and do the function for pushed.

https://imgur.com/a/19gfR

Thanks

This is peculiar, but it might be these F## are not working properly somehow? Is there a chance you could change these using, for example, F2 to F9 and see if the knobs are working?