Sign in to follow this  
mikced76

VoxATC and AI

Hi

Does anyone know what VoxATC uses to determine if an AI Aircraft is GA or Commercial? Why I ask is becasue after so many years with VoxATC and it always generates like 99% Commercial traffic and basically no GA traffic. My plan is to trick VoxATC to believe my GA Aircraft are Commercial. I know at least FSX and P3D determines this from the Aircraft.cfg file in the line "atc_airline=" and if a value is put there it is treated as an Airlines. Not sure VoxATC uses th same factor to determine this?

Thanks!

Mike  

This topic has been raised several times in the past, so I'm not questioning your observation. My own experience is that there is a realistic level of GA traffic in VOXATC 7.41 at smaller airports, so I'm not quite sure why some people don't see any. In any case, if you want to experiment, you will need to download AI Flight Planner (AIFP). Open up all of your GA AI Traffic BGL files (this will vary depending on the AI package that is installed) with AIFP and change all flight plans that are VFR to IFR. Save and compile the files. Make sure to save the original BGL files in a safe place.

Keep in mind that the VOXATC Indexer can only create an AI database based on what AI schedule files that one has installed. One common problem is that My Traffic 6 uses the default Microsoft Cessna 172 for much of its GA traffic and that AI aircraft is not present in P3d.

Thanks, been with this hobby for over 25 years and believe me, I have followed every VoxATC topic on this forum and others and fail to see a single respons to this type question:) I use AIFP on a daily basis so I am more than familiar with it. In fact, my AI traffic environment in default p3d v4 is set up to perfection with every commercial, every cargo and every small operator that traffic the region in real life and with 2017 summer schedules for like 90% of my traffic.

This has been possible with the help of alpha india, AIFP and enless browsing and looking for repaints, compiling and testing and compiling again and all this in p3d v4 no less :) with all its AI model limitations. So naturally I want the AI environment in VoxATC to look like the default AI environment as far as possible, I'm a nerd in that way you know :) I even considered using default ATC just so AI would follow real schedules.

In any case, thank you very much for your reply, I did not know that VoxATC based its commercial vs GA on IFR/IFR in the flightplan. I will correct accordingly in AIFP. 

Mike

Do you know if SPAI V7 works with voxatc 7.41 ?

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars