Sign in to follow this  
mmuller

speech recognition trouble

hello everzbody

i bought the 747 qots edition today, and installed everything. i then tried to switch my windows 10 home from german to english US, i can choose English United states, but when i go on options then, i just have a button to add a keyboard, but nothing to download speech and handwriting etc.

i would like to ask if anybody had the same problems yet, and if yes, how did you solve them_

thanks a lot

Marc

Hi Marc,

Never could understand why some version of Windows are different from others.

Maybe you already have speech installed.

Can you set English US, as shown here:

speechunchecked.jpg

We have lots of German users.  Can any fellow Germans help him out?

hi

unfortunately no

i just have Microsoft Speech Recognizer 8.0 for Windows Deutsch Deutschland *German Germany there*...cannot change that one...

my location is set to united states, and my language is set to English United States

marc

Are you on a WiFi connection?

I believe Windows blocks certain files from downloading if you are not connected via Wifi.  

So if you're using a mobile hotspot or cell data, try Wifi.

https://zulja.wordpress.com/2015/08/11/installing-additional-language-packs-for-windows-10-speech-recognition/

hi

i managed to get it to work now...was a stupid thing actually....my windows automatic updates were disabled....when i enabled them again, and downloaded all the new updates, i was able to choose speech as a download in the recognition options...

thanks a lot

marc