Sign in to follow this  
JesC

New to P3D - Landing Gear and Approach Flap Speeds

Hi Folks,

Well... I am new to P3D (3 days) and using v4.

I have a bit of problem with the speeds for lowering landing gear and approach flaps. It seems that some setting is preventing their operation above the landing flap speed (white arc). I think this is true of all aircraft but I mostly have tested in the Carenado Cheyenne and the RealAir Duke B60.

As you know, most aircraft allow deployment of gear and approach flaps at much higher speeds than the white arc landing flap speed. It all worked fine for me in FSX but I am a little lost at what may be influencing this in P3D. I suspect a realism setting may be causing this behavior but have not identified which one.

Just wondering if anyone may have experienced this quirk and have suggestions or solutions. Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Jesse Cochran

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

It's not a quirk, it's by design.  The sim will not allow gear to drop above a set speed as determined by the developer of said aircraft.  

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

8 minutes ago, WarpD said:

It's not a quirk, it's by design.  The sim will not allow gear to drop above a set speed as determined by the developer of said aircraft.  

Then why are the restrictions so much below the aircraft specifications. Did all of the developers get the speeds wrong? They didn't seem to be wrong in FSX.

If you are saying the developer got it wrong, then is there a way to edit these settings to get the actual aircraft speeds?

Jesse Cochran

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

There are two places where the flaps info is , one the aircraft.cfg section [Flaps], easy to modify but may not work as the .air file or another external file  may overide it.

In the case of the RA Duke B60 the info is

[flaps.0]
type             = 1                                    // 1 - tail, 2 - lead
span-outboard    = 0.41                                 // 0.0 .. 1.0
extending-time   = 7                                    // seconds
flaps-position.0 = 0                                    // degrees
flaps-position.1 = 15                                   // degrees
flaps-position.2 = 30                                   // degrees
damaging-speed   = 152                                  // KIAS
blowout-speed    = 250                                  // KIAS

what are you seeing??

Jorge

10 hours ago, aeronauta said:

what are you seeing??

Jorge

That's what I have as well. Perhaps I am just remembering the speeds incorrectly. Just thought they were a bit higher.

Thanks for the help.

Jesse

Jesse Cochran