Sign in to follow this  
MatthiasKNU

Since 12SEP-Update CTDs

Hello all!

First of all, my sim is running,I could solve my problem already. I just want to let you all know about this problem (some might have).

I updated my 777, when the update came out.

Since that day i tried 5 flights with the 777, and all ended up after about 60-90 min with a CTD, the faulting dll was the ai_player.dll

I was looking for the problem a few days now, tried removing my ai traffic, tried reinstalling the P3D Client, tried reinstalling the 777 (with the 12SEP update) and and and...

Now I could solve this problem by installing the 777 without the 12SEP update. It is running now again. When installing the 12SEP update again, it is crashing after 60-90 mins.

I am not sure, what exactly causes these CTDs, because I cannot something in the cangelog which could cause this CTD, but I am sure the developers know that better than me... 

Like I've written above, without the latest update the 777 is running as it should, so at the moment I have no problems, I just want to mention it.

I wish you all a nice weekend!

Kind regards, Matthias
My System: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080S, Win11 Pro, MSFS+Prepar3Dv5.3
My photosceneries at the FSXForum and FSDeveloper

A32X_Cockpit.pngbanner_onboard1pfhr.png

I am sorry, I was a bit to hasty.

Yesterday my flight with the 777 was working, today I had again a ai_player.dll-CTD.

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7255
Faulting module name: ai_player.dll, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7254
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000004d0e9
Faulting process id: 0x19bc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d32f73e158ac0a
Faulting application path: C:\Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v4\ai_player.dll
Report Id: ed97dc39-b1a6-42e8-a95f-e9fb32da6659
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I really have no idea, what it could be now. Like I already said, I even reinstalled the P3D-Client, reinstalled the 777, removed the AI Traffic...

I am not using time compression, etc.

I know that the ai_player.dll-CTD is something very strange and it is very likely it won't be solved, but: Is anyone having an idea what could cause this CTD in my case? (At the moment I am trying a flight with the 747, I will report back if the CTD happens again...)

Kind regards, Matthias
My System: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080S, Win11 Pro, MSFS+Prepar3Dv5.3

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 3:46 AM, MatthiasKNU said:

I know that the ai_player.dll-CTD is something very strange and it is very likely it won't be solved, but: Is anyone having an idea what could cause this CTD in my case? (At the moment I am trying a flight with the 747, I will report back if the CTD happens again...)

Best place to start for generic stuff like this is:

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you for your answer, I know this guide, but it doesn't help me in this case.

The only solution I found was now to uninstall the sim and reinstall it... Now I am on my way to Denver about 7 1/2 hours inflight without any CTDs...

Kind regards, Matthias

2 minutes ago, MatthiasKNU said:

Thank you for your answer, I know this guide, but it doesn't help me in this case.

The only solution I found was now to uninstall the sim and reinstall it... Now I am on my way to Denver about 7 1/2 hours inflight without any CTDs...

Interesting. Glad you got it sorted.

Kyle Rodgers