614NLV

Managing cabin announcements with scripts

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone ;)
Very happy to join this forum.

My name is Gianluca from Milano, Italy

I bought MCE a few days ago. At the moment I use it only to talk with default atc (I love this feature so much!), because I"m still using FS2Crew. Now I'm studying the scripts and their application. I'm managing all the announcements in the cabin (in my language: Italian).
I have four questions:

1) there is a maximum limit in mb for the .wav files? (the big files aren't played)

2) There are some way to launch the file.wav also from a keyboard shortcut?

3) It's possible to stop playing the audio file (in game)?

4) How can I play the file.wav automatically? (with trigger, i.e. when I start the pushbak or when I land... etcetera)

Thanks in advance for your support ;)
and sorry for my bad english...

P3Dv4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

On 9/17/2017 at 4:26 PM, 614NLV said:

Hello everyone ;)
Very happy to join this forum.

My name is Gianluca from Milano, Italy

I bought MCE a few days ago. At the moment I use it only to talk with default atc (I love this feature so much!), because I"m still using FS2Crew. Now I'm studying the scripts and their application. I'm managing all the announcements in the cabin (in my language: Italian).
I have four questions:

1) there is a maximum limit in mb for the .wav files? (the big files aren't played)

2) There are some way to launch the file.wav also from a keyboard shortcut?

3) It's possible to stop playing the audio file (in game)?

4) How can I play the file.wav automatically? (with trigger, i.e. when I start the pushbak or when I land... etcetera)

Thanks in advance for your support ;)
and sorry for my bad english...

P3Dv4

Welcome aboard Gianluca.

1) What file size are we talking about and what is the play duration. Right-click wav file and check "properties". What exact audio format is it in? 

2) No, the audio has to be added to any existing flow, or triggered by a custom flow.

3) It's possible to stop the same file you started playing.

4) You can't play the audio based on flight sim events.

Here is how you could do it.

Go to "Command" tab in MCE user interface and click <Voxscript> button.

You should see a list of pre-made flows (which you can modify) for currently loaded aircraft.

Select one of the and click <Edit>

In next screen, don't do anything and click <Edit script commands>

You should see a list of tasks FO wil perform as part of the flow.

That is a good place to insert your audio play. Just click <Add sound> and provide the path to wav file.

A departure audio briefing could be added to the "after start flow" and arrival briefing to the "cleanup" flow for example.

If no such flows exist for the aircraft you're flying, you can make them up.

You can even trigger the audio play using a custom command in Italian language.

See this video. User is triggering Norwegian airline cabin briefings.

[media]

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FS++ said:

1) What file size are we talking about and what is the play duration. Right-click wav file and check "properties". What exact audio format is it in? 

I have no problem with cabin announcement (file.wav less than 100mb)

I want to use a collection of mp3 played in background during the cruise. The file is converted in wav and the result is a big file, 1 or plus Giga with bitrate 1411 kbps. MCE don't play it

 

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

3) It's possible to stop the same file you started playing

How can I get this?

Example: I play my music during the cruise and I want to stop when I reach the TOD. 

I don't know how to stop the wav file

 

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

See this video. User is triggering Norwegian airline cabin briefings.

Yes, I downloaded his scripts and I'm studying

 

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

Welcome aboard Gianluca.

Thanks Gerald, great support :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 614NLV said:

I have no problem with cabin announcement (file.wav less than 100mb)

I want to use a collection of mp3 played in background during the cruise. The file is converted in wav and the result is a big file, 1 or plus Giga with bitrate 1411 kbps. MCE don't play it

 

How can I get this?

Example: I play my music during the cruise and I want to stop when I reach the TOD. 

I don't know how to stop the wav file

 

Yes, I downloaded his scripts and I'm studying

 

Thanks Gerald, great support :cool:

You could reduce the quality like 22 kHz mono wav file, or split them up by artist or music style..

you can stop the wav via a custom command. Create one either in English or Italian.

Example: "Enough with the music" or "basta con la musica".

Go to "Voxscript overview" panel and click <New>

Type the trigger sentence for whatever you want to accomplish.

Let's do it in Italian, just to show you that the speech engine doesn't care about words, but rather how they sound".

type "basta con lah moosica" or whatever else you want in Italian, while using English phonemes. For example to simulate an Italian  "ci", you could write "tchee" or "tchi".

Your trigger sentence will be listed.

Select it and click <Edit>.

Because you aren't going to add instructions for Fo to execute don't do anything in "Voxscript Properties" panel.

Click <Edit script commands>

Add one task, "Mute sound". It will stop whatever last wav file was playing.

Don't forget to save.

After that should get it to stop on demand.

Using this technique, you could split your huge music file into chunks, then have separate trigger sentences to play whatever music you like.

Example: "let's listen to AAAA" and as part of that flow, add a "Mute sound" command so that the previous audio is stopped, then "add sound" command and provide the path to the ad-hoc file.

Your imagination is the limit.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FS++ said:

Add one task, "Mute sound". It will stop whatever last wav file was playing.

yeah, this is the solution;) Tonight I'll make some test.. also for the wav files.

thanks again ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FS++ said:

You could reduce the quality like 22 kHz mono wav file.

Reduced to mono and it works ;)  thanks ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now