Sign in to follow this  
urgeflaske

Looking for a new prop plane

I should also mention the Alabeo Cardinal, which includes fixed gear and RG.  Nice aircraft, a step above the 172. 

John

On 22/09/2017 at 5:38 PM, Chock said:

It's not a big deal, yeah a stick is not a yoke, but if you're used to a stick then that's fine, and as far as throttles go, most of the time you'd be moving all all four throttles in unison anyway, and any time you did need to move a single throttle, you can do that in a VC. So it's no problem driving an old prop with a joystick and single throttle lever.

On 22/09/2017 at 6:53 PM, Captain Kevin said:

I would think if you can fly a Boeing 747-400 with one throttle, flying the DC-6 shouldn't be any different. My challenge is trying to fly it with multiple thrust levers since although I have them in sync (as far as I can tell by looking at them anyway), they don't appear to be all producing the same amount of power. Wonder if there's something in FSUIPC I need to muck around with.

I'm OK with the throttles, the idea is to keep it simple and move them all at once anyway, however what concerns me the most is the other levers, the mixture, RPM and whatever other stuff the airplane might have. As to the DC-6, it seems complex, but if the virtual FE can handle all that extra stuff I concur that I'd rather be safe. :-) Thanks for your inputs.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto