Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Sound Issue / Question

I am having some sound issues.  I have a 34 inch dell display with speakers and Logitech speakers with a subwoofer.   Both speakers have sound but it seems like they all play sound at different times.  What I mean is that there have been times when I get sound (flying 7337ngx) coming from both my monitor and my speakers.  Other flights, it only comes out of the monitor, other times it comes out of the speakers only.  Ideally I'd like everything to come out of the surround speakers and the monitor. However, when I pick the sound in the fmc to go to one speaker (surround Logitech) I lose the types of sound coming from the dell monitor.  Any thoughts?  I ask this because I don't have any AI traffic sound at all and I think that they are "programmed" to come out of the monitor.  Should I have one as default device and the other as a different setting (I can't select both as default).  Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction because I feel like I am missing out a bit. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Is it just with the PMDG 737 that things change?  It has its own sound settings (what speakers/headphones are used) beyond p3d's sound settings.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

It seems to be with all planes (however, I only fly the PMDG 737 and 777 at the moment with the new setup).  In the PMDG FMC< I have the sound set to my Hi Def surround speakers.  When I do that, it shuts off the sound coming from the monitor.  Yesterday, I had a flight and had both working well when I had the hi def speakers set as the default speaker and the monitor speaker as default communication.  However, when doing that, the audio coming back into my headset from ATC was gone and that was sent through the monitor. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive