Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Unable to load PMDG Aircraft - P3Dv4 Crashes

I have installed P3Dv4 just over a week ago so I could get PMDG 747-400 in 64bit , checking my updates I have KB4038788 and so far no problem my system is hand built only few weeks old and the update I suspect was installed when I loaded windows 10, will keep this in mind as there is a big update in the pipe this month.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 10/1/2017 at 5:40 PM, jt_williams said:

Folks,

I have some good news to report.  I can now load the 777, NGX, and DC-6 in P3Dv4.   

I am not sure exactly what fixed the problem.  After trying the Scenery.cfg that was rebuilt after deleting it, I copied back the version that I saved before deleting the file.  I started P3Dv4 using the default F22 scenario.  I went into the scenery library and deleted Antarctica X.  P3D reported a scenery ordering/numbering problem and asked whether I want to try to fix it.  I selected "Yes" and after a brief delay the rebuilding scenery indexes progress bar started and completed and I was back in the default scenario.  At this point I tried to load a saved scenario with the DC-6 and it loaded sucessfully with the DC-6 working properly.  Previously this scenario would generate a crash.  I shutdown P3Dv4 and restarted choosing the 777 and it worked, then shutdown and restarted trying the NGX and it worked too.  

Whew!!!! I am very happy and relieved to have my PMDG aircraft back in working order.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Adding too much scenery brings up a bug p3d should be fixing in 4.1 If you add any scenery do it in the cfg file not using addons xml until the patch next Tuesday. - David Lee

• Upvote 1

Hi all,

Have a similar problem apart from the fact nothing else than P3D and PMDG 737 is installed yet. I'm unable to load the PMDG at any stage as the sim crashes. No sceneries nor other addons have been installed yet.

7 hours ago, Aleksander said:

Hi all,

Have a similar problem apart from the fact nothing else than P3D and PMDG 737 is installed yet. I'm unable to load the PMDG at any stage as the sim crashes. No sceneries nor other addons have been installed yet.

Welcome to the PMDG forums, please note their rules require our full names on all posts.

A "similar" problem is not the same problem and perhaps you could have started a new thread providing enough information for someone not looking over your shoulder to make guess at what is wrong.  What version P3D? Is P3D working normally with default aircraft? Have you read the introduction and complied with its recommendations for installing and configuring P3D? Operating system? Computer system? No other addons so I assume all scenery is default and you don't have a weather engine addon and you don't have FSUIPC. What is the default aircraft in your default scenario?  So many questions, so little info.

Dan Downs KCRP

easy solution for everyone:

P3Dv4 seems to be a bit "unstable", namely everytime (or very often) when you install something new it crashes.

A solution to that is to go into C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\ and delete the Prepar3D v4 folder.

Note that this will ERASE YOUR SCENERY LIBRARY (namely you will have to re-install all the sceneries you might have, unless you are able to write an add-on XML file for each scenery which will make the scenery to be automatically re-installed at the new start...).

This will sort out any problem. I have all my PMDG airplanes working perfectly.

Good luck