GAJ52

Disappointed with 7.41 VFR

I gave up using VoxATC 6 due to various problems like Ai doing odd things, irritating pronunciations like GLIDA PATH etc.

Hoping 7.41 would have these fixed I loaded the 7.41 trial version.  I normally fly VFR in the UK but had the following problems :-

If no VFR flight plan loaded I press Enable but get the message 'Completing Setup' and that's it, wont move to next stage, just locks up.

If I load a VFR flight plan from a towered or non-towered airfield, I don't get the opportunity to file the flight plan with FSS or Tower, after the radio check I just get taxi to runway.

During taxy I followed a GA aircraft which started to taxy in circles (just like version 6) at two different airfields.

During takeoff I only get 'Cleared takeoff and the wind' no other restrictions like 'remain below 1500 ft until leaving the zone' etc.

Leaving the zone the wording is 'Report leaving the zone and change to enroute frequency' but no frequency is offered.

When about to fly over an airfields zone I get the option to request clearance to fly over the zone but when I try VoxATC locks up with the message 'Please wait'

I can fly through Class D airspace with no challenge from ATC or the opportunity  to request airspace transit.

I am now using a new computer, new scenery and airfields (ORBX formally UK2000) but still getting the same problems as version 6.  Are these problems known or is it just my setup, as I won't be buying version 7.41 in its present state.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2 hours ago, GAJ52 said:

I gave up using VoxATC 6 due to various problems like Ai doing odd things, irritating pronunciations like GLIDA PATH etc.

Hoping 7.41 would have these fixed I loaded the 7.41 trial version.  I normally fly VFR in the UK but had the following problems :-

If no VFR flight plan loaded I press Enable but get the message 'Completing Setup' and that's it, wont move to next stage, just locks up.

If I load a VFR flight plan from a towered or non-towered airfield, I don't get the opportunity to file the flight plan with FSS or Tower, after the radio check I just get taxi to runway.

During taxy I followed a GA aircraft which started to taxy in circles (just like version 6) at two different airfields.

During takeoff I only get 'Cleared takeoff and the wind' no other restrictions like 'remain below 1500 ft until leaving the zone' etc.

Leaving the zone the wording is 'Report leaving the zone and change to enroute frequency' but no frequency is offered.

When about to fly over an airfields zone I get the option to request clearance to fly over the zone but when I try VoxATC locks up with the message 'Please wait'

I can fly through Class D airspace with no challenge from ATC or the opportunity  to request airspace transit.

I am now using a new computer, new scenery and airfields (ORBX formally UK2000) but still getting the same problems as version 6.  Are these problems known or is it just my setup, as I won't be buying version 7.41 in its present state.

I am not experiencing some of what you are reporting. I generally fly VFR in the US. I am usually prompted to tune to flight service to open my flight plan at towered and nontowered airports. I usually load a flight plan, even to fly locally. I believe you need to be in Expert mode to fly without a flight plan. I have seen odd behavior from AI aircraft, but at a much reduced level. I  fly several times per week, and have only been rammed by an AI plane once, and that was at an aftermarket airport. I also have a private license and rarely get any instructions from the tower beyond clearance for takeoff. I often have to tell them (especially in class D) I am clear of the zone, and then am told I’m free to change frequency (without being given a specific handoff) In class C airspace you are usually handed off to departure. This does happen inVoxATC. Transitioning airspace is not enabled, but the prompt you refer to does offer some hope for future releases. If you are using traffic advisories, you are handed off to approach prior to entering class C or B airspace, but are not prompted to request transition of those airspace’s. Class D airspace is currently ignored by VoxATC (but easy to fly over the top of, which is what I do in real life). One thing you did not mention: In real life, when approaching a towered airport for landing, you are supposed to listen to ATIS first and inform the initial controller (approach for class B and C, The tower for class D) that you have information Alpha (or whatever the ATIS code happens to be). This is not modeled in VoxATC. To me, it is still the closest thing to real. One other thing, If you use Spanish speaking voices, they will pronounce English words with a Spanish accent, ie. glide becomes “Gleeda”. 

Thanks for your response, much appreciated.

There may be a difference between US and UK VFR within VoxATC as I have not so far been asked to contact a flight service.  When I bought version 6 I did also buy the UK/Europe addon so have been used to Traffic Advisories, but not with version 7.  I don't want to load the UK addon in case its not compatible with version 7.

I'll have to try and contact Tegwyn and find out what the current European VFR situation is.