Sign in to follow this  
Gary1999

Auto brakes/braking action, ground handling weirdness

Hey folks, just a quick one.

Did 2 flights today both had a couple of issues, first issue was entering the runway at ypdn (default p3dv4) where the number 4 engine went beserk and into full reverse with all sorts of overheat warnings and caused a 300t 747 to spin around like a top, must have rotated 20-30 times before slew mode and mashing the f1 key eventually brought it to a stop. Then upon landing at around 255t on sydneys runway 34l I ran off the end of the runway (over 12000ft) with full manual braking and full reverse. Runway was dry but it seemed as if it was just gliding along and not slowing. Went off the end at 140kts after touch down at around 155-160.

Same happened on a follow on flight to ymml ran off the end of a 13000ft runway in the same manner. Off the end at 130kts after touch down at 165ish. This time autobrakes set at 3 and full reverse. 

Anyone had this issue before? 

Brakes set through normal p3d config.

Cheers

Andrew Greentree 

10 hours ago, Zebra said:

Anyone had this issue before? 

Brakes set through normal p3d config.

Based on the oddities described above, my bet is that you might have it set through the P3D menu, but are processing via FSUIPC?

Kyle Rodgers

Hey Mate, Brakes are definitely set through p3d, but I did realize the throttles were set through FSUIPC, however I have not had the braking issue since a computer restart, and the reverser thing does seem related to FSUIPC

:)

Hi, the exactly same oddity happened to my B747F landing at YSSY. And to complete things, the aircraft could not park because she refused to continue taxing just before turning to the gate. Brakes/tires heat lights were on. P3DV4.1 and not registered FSUIPC.

Andrew, did you came to a conclusion?

Thanks

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

2 minutes ago, Heronjr said:

Hi, the exactly same oddity happened to my B747F landing at YSSY. And to complete things, the aircraft could not park because she refused to continue taxing just before turning to the gate. Brakes/tires heat lights were on. P3DV4.1 and not registered FSUIPC.

Andrew, did you came to a conclusion?

Thanks

If you had brake/tiree heat indication then most probably you have blew some tires and your aircraft was immobilized.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Chris, that's what I was thinking.

KTPA has a pretty long 01L and I landed there using Autobrakes 2 (as always) and reversers.

I just applied a really small brakes pedal pressure just before clearing the runway. The whole procedure was quite normal, differently to what happened in Sydney, when the aircraft only slowed almost at the end of the runway and I had to use a lot of brakes - in this case I agree they should be melting the tires.

Is there some kind of brakes tuning on P3D and/or QOTS?

Regards

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Just make sure that your brakes are correctly calibrated. For example in my CH pedals I know that due to ware the right brake was sending brake to P3D without pressing it. I increased the null zone and that has fixed it.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com