Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

Remembering screen position between sessions

Hi Keven,

I use two screens with P3Dv4 on the 4k screen and Chaseplane and other apps on a second screen.

Is there a way for Chaseplane to remember that it has been on my second screen for subsequent sessions?

Regards, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

ChasePlane should remember it’s last location. We have a script to reset that location when the window is outside of the screen area (if you remove a monitor etc).

That might be causing the issue but I would need a bit more info on your setup like the position of both monitors, what monitor is #1 and #2 as well as the resired position of the ChasePlane window.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I am currently making a video of a flight from YSSY to CYVR and don't want any visual interruptions to the simulator screen image. So I run P3Dv4 on a 4k screen and move all other apps to a second screen. It seems that every time ChasePlane starts, either manually or by P3Dv4, it displays on the 4k screen (the primary display). I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti running GeForce Game Ready Driver version 385.69 of 09/21/2017.

I am using ChasePlane v0.3.164 in Experimental mode with advanced features enabled. I do not have a TrackIR device.

My #1 4k screen is a Samsung PL2773HD running at 3840 x 2160. The #2 screen is a 28" iiyama U28E590 running at 1920 x 1080.

I hope this information is useful.

Regards, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

So the main display is the 4K display and the secondary is the 1080p one.

Who's on the left and who's on the right?

Do you have a scaling other than 100% on any of the displays?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Keven,

The 4k display is on the left. Both displays are connected with an HDMI - HDTV.

The NVIDIA Control Panel says that the 4k has a resolution of 4k x 2k, 3840 x 2160, refresh rate of 30Hz, and uses the default color settings. The secondary display has a resolution of 1080p, 1920 x 1080, refresh rate of 60Hz, and uses the default color settings. Both displays have the 'Aspect ratio' setting on the Adjust Desktop Size and Position window.

The 4k monitor has the recommended scaling of 150% in Settings>Display. The other monitor has the recommended scaling of 100%. Should they have the same values?

Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard