Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Branimir

Wird BEEP sound Windows 10

2 posts in this topic

Hi!

Yesterday I was flying LJLJ-EDDF with P3D v4 and mouse stopped responding to clicks. When I pressed the button on mouse, weird BEEP, BEEP sound came out of speakers and nothing happend and I was forced to shut down the computer. It happend when I was on approach at EDDF. Is my weak PSU reason for that (350W), because I am going to replace it with the new one tomorrow?

PC specs:

Windows 10, Windows 7

i7 7700 (HT enabled, running at 4,2 GHz)

2x8 DDR4 RAM

KFA2 GeForce GTX 1060

240GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 2TB HDD

Thank you!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

49 minutes ago, Branimir said:

Is my weak PSU reason for that (350W), because I am going to replace it with the new one tomorrow?

If it's not the cause, it's almost certainly a contributory factor. Using the PSU calculator at https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator, with just the system details you've given (and ignoring fans and cooling solutions) you'd need over 300w and that would rise under load. It's not a good idea to run PSUs at, or near, their maximum output for a number of reasons - efficiency and longevity to name just two. They tend to run most efficiently at about 50% load. PSUs are one of the most overlooked components in a system but are actually one of the most important, especially if you ever intend overclocking. To give you some headroom I'd go for at least a 500w (preferably 650w), 80 Plus PSU from a well known manufacturer - for example EVGA (my favourite), Corsair, Seasonic etc. Get the best you can afford with a good warranty - some offer 10 years! Modular (and to a lesser extent, semi-modular) PSUs are easier and neater to install but not essential.