Sign in to follow this  
sgthelena

Add-on aircraft crashing P3D

Can someone please help me understand why this add-on aircraft will not work in P3Dv4? From what I understand, Prepar3D is compatible with FSX add-ons in most cases. It works in FSX with no issues.

I'm attempting to convert it over with little luck. The aircraft appears in the aircraft selection menu without a preview, but I am able to select it. However, when I try to start the flight the screen goes black and the program crashes.

Edited by Jim Young
Link to competing library removed. Please do not post links to competing websites.

Most addons have a read-me with instructions on how to install and a contact if the product does not work properly.  If the product does not work in P3DV4 (and many 32-bit programs are not compatible with P3DV4 because it is 64-bit), then you will have to go to the developer and request assistance.  It states it is compatible with FSX and P3D but believe that was up to P3DV3 as those are all 32-bit programs.  P3DV4 is a 64-bit program and textures made for previous flight simulators are no longer compatible.  Looks like you will only be able to use the addon in FSX until the developer upgrades it or makes it compatible.

I am wondering why you came to AVSIM to post a question about a product you downloaded from another website's Library and posted a link to that Library.  That website has its own forums and you should post your question there.  That site has several files downloaded from the AVSIM Library and uploaded to their library with read-me's that indicate the file was uploaded to AVSIM Library only and not allowed to be uploaded to any other Library (I suspect to build their own Library)(search for AVSIM).  They allow free downloads but at a very reduced download speed and charge individuals if you want a faster download.  Somehow I find that wrong....

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Apologies Jim, I'm somewhat new at this and didn't realize Avsim had competing downloads. Regardless it appears that Avsim does not have this same file.  It does have an older verision it appears:

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Hang+glider&CatID=root&Go=Search

atos_vr.zip

I just tried this file with the same results.  I imagine you are correct with regards to the 64 bit comparability.  I may try to give it a shot with P3Dv3.  Thanks.