Sign in to follow this  
757FO

FSLA320

Hi Gerard,

Any progress on getting MCE to operate the overhead panel switches? 

Thank you

John.

Any news Gerald? I purchased your product exclusively for the A320-X, and MCE is not really usable at the moment. (I understand you can argue that some features are available, but I would like the ability to run the flows with ALL functions working)

Thank you.

Regards,

John

12 hours ago, 757FO said:

Any news Gerald? I purchased your product exclusively for the A320-X, and MCE is not really usable at the moment. (I understand you can argue that some features are available, but I would like the ability to run the flows with ALL functions working)

Thank you.

Regards,

John

The only thing I can guarantee you is that we are as eager as you are to see it sorted, FSL A320 & Q400 being very popular aircraft,

Out of the 41 supported aircraft, the above are the two that use that VC clicking method for "some items".

FO can manipulate almost any switch and dial with FSL A320 in FSX.

The issue has to do with lost ability for FO to click the "flat type" switches on the overhead panel.

The checklist isn't affected, because the FO can still read the flat type switches state.

The thing is, there is nothing in the FSX or P3D SDK that tells you how to simulate a click in VC.

We have devised a neat way to do that in FSX. And only happened because we spent years debugging our "fsInsider.dll" which provides MCE with all the insight into the sim it needs.

Not just aircraft variables (some are available via the SDK), but also what ATC options are displayed at any time (cannot get these via the SDK), what GSX or AES are doing (again no SDK).

This isn't always straight forward programming.

To find a new workaround in P3D to simulate those VC clicks, is akin to "gold digging". You could go on for months and not find a way, until you eventually strike it lucky. It's very expensive research and development. If we make a fixation on that, there would be no time left to interface other aircraft, for which different methods are employed for interfacing.

There is one more aircraft affected to a much lesser extent, the PMDG 777. It has an SDK and we use it because it's much easier. But even PMDG won't tell you how to get FO to manipulate the Electronic Checklist (ECL) in VC. In FSX we can do it (using simulated clicks in VC). See the first minutes of this video.

Just need to watch the first 5 minutes or so

No other product can handle the ECL other than to press a button to display it.

Now of course, we'd like to see it happen in P3D V4.

• Upvote 1