Sign in to follow this  
MadDog

P3Dv4 Experiencing very poor performance below 30 fps

1 minute ago, GSalden said:

Lock it at 20 and keep your monitor at 60 hrtz...

Or use Uimited with Vsync + TB , monitor at 60 hrtz and use an external limiter , If you don’t suffer from blurries.

DxTory is the best imho. Last tab is its limiter at the bottom. The trial version is good enough as after the trial the limiter keeps working. Try with 20 and 21.

Yea I'm currently in the air locked at 20 give that a go...

If I use unlimited with vsync @ 60hz my understanding is the sim will try for 60 FPS but as soon as I go below that it will be stutterfest or at least that's been my experience.  60FPS is a pipedream in all situations I've been down that road before.  For some reason if I use NVIDIA inspector to lock frames (with unlimited in sim) introduces some weird input lag on my system at least.

Thomas Derbyshire

On 28-1-2018 at 8:41 PM, sidfadc said:

Sorry to dig up this thread but I am suffering from the same issues as the OP with an identical setup although my CPU runs at 4.4.  I have FPS locked at 30 and when I can maintain that it’s smooth and stutter free, trouble is I can never maintain 30 coming into a detailed payware airport where the FPS drops to 20-22.  At this point the sim stutters and freezes momentarily.  Really annoying...

I have tried every combination going using AM, locked FPS, not locked, VSYNC ON OFF.  It all boils down to the fact my system can’t maintain 30 FPS on approach into payware sceneries.  I run moderate sliders and it seems no matter if I drop back further my system can’t maintain 30FPS.

My FPS used to drop in FSX but it didn’t stutter like it does now.  Monitoring my CPU I can see a spike of 100% on multiple cores at the point my sim splutters, FPS drops to like 2 and then back to 20.  It’s really annoying on final and I'm now fed up of tweaking to resolve, been at it for weeks.

I've resigned myself to the fact I must be CPU bottlenecked or never fly into detailed regions with payware aircraft.

I would really like to hear from you guys who can maintain 30 FPS into detailed payware scenery using say the NGX or FSlabs.  Please tell me what CPU you are using because I'm due a PC upgrade soon.

Cheers

Trust me it has notting to do with your processor, i7 4.5 is enough. Its about tweaking the settings in the Sim and to gain more visuals with more fps , its all to do with the limitations or a slower GPU. I am tweaking prepare for years now. I have a older 4790k 4cores CPU running 4.5 and i had a old r9 290 AMD videocard, using a refresh rate of 30 with a 4K monitor.  Lets begin and try the following tweaks:  i have set the affinitymask at 14 with hyperthreading enabled,  I use a fiber frame of 0.01 thats all my tweaks in the .cfg. For the Sim try to turn ON all scènery sliders to the MAX is has not much impact. Turn down or turn off  the autogen building slider. Turn off simobjects for reflections! Turn down or off the water settings. Turn off dynamic reflections and dynamic lights. Finally Turn off casting Sim objects and terrain for shadows. Also turn the shadows sliders at medium setting.  For the anti alliasing use 4xmssa. Set your vsync on and unlimited your fps limitter.  With these setting u should run a minimum of 30fps at addon AirPorts also with heavy aircrafts. If u dont get those fps u need a other grapics card. I now use a 1080ti card and i can run every slider maxed out except for autogen building (CPU intensive) i will gain around 40fps in the pmdgs at the mist heavy addons AirPorts and it is very smooth no stuutering. Maybe most people are thinking the CPU is the bottleneck its not in my experience . 

"i have set the affinitymask at 14 with hyperthreading enabled"... that is bizarre :huh:

Bert

14 hours ago, Ryback said:

Trust me it has notting to do with your processor, i7 4.5 is enough. Its about tweaking the settings in the Sim and to gain more visuals with more fps , its all to do with the limitations or a slower GPU. I am tweaking prepare for years now. I have a older 4790k 4cores CPU running 4.5 and i had a old r9 290 AMD videocard, using a refresh rate of 30 with a 4K monitor.  Lets begin and try the following tweaks:  i have set the affinitymask at 14 with hyperthreading enabled,  I use a fiber frame of 0.01 thats all my tweaks in the .cfg. For the Sim try to turn ON all scènery sliders to the MAX is has not much impact. Turn down or turn off  the autogen building slider. Turn off simobjects for reflections! Turn down or off the water settings. Turn off dynamic reflections and dynamic lights. Finally Turn off casting Sim objects and terrain for shadows. Also turn the shadows sliders at medium setting.  For the anti alliasing use 4xmssa. Set your vsync on and unlimited your fps limitter.  With these setting u should run a minimum of 30fps at addon AirPorts also with heavy aircrafts. If u dont get those fps u need a other grapics card. I now use a 1080ti card and i can run every slider maxed out except for autogen building (CPU intensive) i will gain around 40fps in the pmdgs at the mist heavy addons AirPorts and it is very smooth no stuutering. Maybe most people are thinking the CPU is the bottleneck its not in my experience . 

Thanks for the reply but my graphics card is basically idle so the bottle neck is the CPU.  I have since eliminated some of the stuttering but the sim always stutters for a few seconds sometimes longer approaching payware airports from say 10 miles out which is still annoying, I presume this is normal and it’s the sim loading the scenery in.

Thomas Derbyshire

On ‎13‎-‎2‎-‎2018 at 6:57 PM, sidfadc said:

Thanks for the reply but my graphics card is basically idle so the bottle neck is the CPU.  I have since eliminated some of the stuttering but the sim always stutters for a few seconds sometimes longer approaching payware airports from say 10 miles out which is still annoying, I presume this is normal and it’s the sim loading the scenery in.

I am running p3d v4 now and I have no stutters, at some payware airport u have to turn off some heave fps killers, like animations, 3d grass or some light effects.  There will be a loading stutter at some point in the sim, it wil hang a second, but not frequent, for the rest it should be smooth in all views, also at the approach.   Take a look at your fps on a heavy airport, does the fps fluctuate in great ranges?  Does your lowest fps become under your monitor refresh rate?  Appraching the aiport, I found that's the most heavy task. Your gpu load is low, because there is not much to render for the grapics card, mostly shadows, water, dynamic and reflections and AA are gpu intensive. set for example AA on SSA, your gpu load will increase.  The infinitymask wil stabilize your cpu load, it will spread it out over more cores, the load will become lower (no spikes), but it wil introduce some slower loading textures. You have to tweak somewhat.  

Edited by Ryback