Sign in to follow this  
ega

Strange annomality in Europe

I installed version 4.1 of P3D4 and everything went fine and all was working as it should be (Orbx, PMDG, FsLabs A320X, etc.).

Yet suddenly (cannot precise what trigged this ...) I start facing a strange problem!! I start P2D4 OK with default airplane and location. All is working.

Now if I change the location to any place in Europe, my joystick freezes and I cannot access to the various items at the add-ons menu in P3D4 (such as FSUIPC, GSX, etc.)!!

What is really confusing is that if I change from the default scenario to any other airport outside Europe all is OK (America, Asia, Australia...): It is just airports in Europe that give this problem.

Moreover, to eliminate errors form any of my addons, I run the sim with a plain vanilla scenery.cfg and no addons - same problem! Also, I reinstalled v4.1 and performed a repair in P3D4 but the problem still persists!

That is really strange and I run out of ideas. Can someone point me to any direction to sort out this issue?

Thanks    

Edmundo Azevedo

I made a little research and found out that the area is bigger....II have this issue ....joystick freezes and I cannot open the addons menu in P3D4 and select, for example, the FSUIPC menu if I select any place between longitudes (at any latitute) to the left of E15 and to the right of W75 (it covers from Western Europe to the New York state in the USA) .

Why this (such big) area? Is too big to be the Bermudas triangle...

Do these numbers make any sense to anyone?  I believe I have to start thinking to uninstall/reinstall all addons and P3D4.

Thanks

Edmundo Azevedo

Wish I had some good input but this must be one the the strangest issues I've heard about in a very long time!

I hope someone will be able to help you out without you having to perform a complete reinstall.

Richard Åsberg

Yes, you are quite right ...strange, very strange issue. I spent a few hours moving an aircraft around and it is clear that the area I pointed out in my message has some problems!  But when I updated to 4.1 eveything was fine. Go figure!  

Edmundo Azevedo

Did any ever find an answer?  After a lengthy re install of 4.1 and My add ons I find I have the exact same issue except it is anywhere near New York.

if I fly in, or start a flight within the New York area, all my control inputs stop working.  Keyboard, joystick, the planes stop following the autopilot FMS flight plan. 

I have never seen anything like this in 20 years of flight simming. 

Yes, I got it sorted out: It was indeed the strangest behaviour I got in all these years of FS!

Do you have Orbx? I have FTX Global and  OpenLC Europe. I just uninstall/reinstall these and everything worked find after that - it was certainly a corruption in any of the FTX files that caused the problem.

Good luck!

• Upvote 1

Edmundo Azevedo

Thank you so much for the lead.  Yes, that was it.  I had something screwed up in one of the ORBX products. De installation and re installation, took care of it.  I also took the added step of deleting the system generated files and let P3D V4.1 rebuild them.  Now flying in New York and Europe will all those pricey add-ons,

Again,  thank you for taking the time to read and respond.  

• Upvote 1