Sign in to follow this  
johnk51

Beacon/strobe and Landing lights

Is there away to assign switches to turn on the beacon/strobe lights and the landing lights.  I have 3 way switches, but don't know what commands to use. I have the registered FSUIPC, but nothing I pick will work.  I've assigned the fuel pumps, nav, taxi lights, and some others, but since the landing and beacon/strobe have 3 positions I can't find away to move them up or down.

John K

The easiest way is to install LINDA and use it to create and assign commands.  A bit of a learning curve but there is so much you can do...and it's free here on AVSIM.

As far as FSUIPC is concerned,  for simple commands like lights, just go to the Buttons tab in FSUIPC, click the switch so it's showing in the middle windows, click the checkbox on the right side "Assign to FSX Command" (if my memory serves right) and find the command in the drop down a little bit below.  Done.  Click another button and repeat.  One thing Carenado shines at is the many commands you can assign to switches.  That's where I use LINDA. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The problem is the landing lts for the pa34 are up on, middle off and down pulse lights.  And the strobe/ beacon is middle off, down beacon no strobe and up beacon and strobe on.  The default lights and beacon strobe control don't work.  So I don't know what offsets or controls to use.  I have a lua file for my c402 that some one gave me that when I flip the switch up the lights go on.  Switch in the middle they are off, and when I switch down they retract.  If I had the control codes for these two, I could do the same as them.

John K