Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Reports on ASDG SuperCub?

Floats looks pretty neat!  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have been flying the  ASDG Supercub for the last few days. It's very nice. Although I don't watch the FPS counter I would say it's slightly heavier on demands but still very smooth even in high object areas such as Vancouver and Seattle. It seems a bit twitchy on the ground at slow speeds but hey, it's a taildragger and you have to be on the rudder like a river dance sometimes. I even watched some real life taildragger training videos (Flightchops on youtube I believe). Watch what you feet need to do in a real Supercub. Ground looping is a possibility for sure! It ain't easy to be a taildragger pilot!  But I don't think the flight modelling is perfect, maybe it's my MSFF2 joystick, but I think it noses over too easily at very slow speeds ie when you need to make it stick to the runway in a crosswind slip landing, for example.

I had the same problem with horribly low frame rates (low teens).  This was solved for me by using the '.acf' files provided in the 'OPTIONAL 11.10 Beta' directory (they are called '.noacf' in there, to avoid confusing X-Plane, you need to backup the '.acf' files in the parent dir, and copy these ones over with the appropriate '.acf' extension).

These 'OPTIONAL 11.10 Beta' files were available in the 1.04 version.  With these in place I no longer have the low framerate problem (I am running X-Plane 11.11 from Steam)

I bought the from the Aerosimulations store (aerosimulations.com).  That website is not working anymore; I wonder if I'll ever get updates :-(.  Somehow every time I buy an X-Plane product outside of the X-Plane store I end up regretting it...