lennie

Jumps and shudders?

Thought I had upgraded my PC to about best available. Just tried a flight from John Wayne to San Luis Obispo in California. Flying the Mooney, with Orbx SoCal, Active Sky [clear weather] and PTA, Expected a few shudders and jumps over LAX but continued all the way over the mountains. Guess I just can't handle SoCal, and better stay in the East USA. I don't have a cooler. Maybe I should? Sliders are not all the way to the right.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2 hours ago, lennie said:

Thought I had upgraded my PC to about best available. Just tried a flight from John Wayne to San Luis Obispo in California. Flying the Mooney, with Orbx SoCal, Active Sky [clear weather] and PTA, Expected a few shudders and jumps over LAX but continued all the way over the mountains. Guess I just can't handle SoCal, and better stay in the East USA. I don't have a cooler. Maybe I should? Sliders are not all the way to the right.

I've seen stuffers with SLI setups, which I notice you are running based off of your specs in your signature. Maybe try running with sli disabled and see how a single card copes? P3D doesn't seem to be that sli optimized anyway.