HYD PRESS SYS 3

Hi all,

i have a problem with my Q400 (no wonders pls).

I start the Q400 in the default state and my HYD system number 3 is not pressured. I even started from cold and dark just the same as 3 youtube videos but i do not get any pressure on system 3.

I start up the PMDGs while sleeping so im a bit "out of the world" right now. (yeah different airplane but still)

Here is my flow:

main batt on

all other batts on

starting apu

NO F**** Pressure -.-

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

HYD3 is a standby system that is not normally pressurised; you pressurise it electrically after engine start-up to test it, then it's back to normal ops and the pressure bleeds off back to 0.

For more info see http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/1372/hyd-3-pressure/p1

Also as a jet man you may not be aware, but the APU is not required for engine start since the engines are started with electric motor-generator, not compressed air.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, ckyliu said:

HYD3 is a standby system that is not normally pressurised; you pressurise it electrically after engine start-up to test it, then it's back to normal ops and the pressure bleeds off back to 0.

For more info see http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/1372/hyd-3-pressure/p1

Also as a jet man you may not be aware, but the APU is not required for engine start since the engines are started with electric motor-generator, not compressed air.

Thank you very much!

Yes i am completely new to props so i have to read and learn a lot of new things. Thank you for the information helped a lot!