Dane Watson

Reset PC - Now FSX Errors - Help Please

I had a PC crash and had to reset to factory which means a completely clean drive. For the past week I have been re-installing programs everything is working except FSX-SE when I try to start it from Steam I get a Microsoft error.

Can anyone help?  See attached two print screens.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/prM96MHu93niPLNs1

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4rbIOFpSf56XoquJ2 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I presume you've tried verifying the local files?

If not, crank up Steam, right click on FSX in your program list, choose Properties from the pop up menu, then go to the Local Files tab and choose Verify Integrity of Game Files from the bottom of the list.

If that doesn't work, throw away the FSX config file and crank it up again so it writes a new config file. You might have to then tweak that new config file or reinstall some FSX add-ons having done that, but it should get FSX going.

1 hour ago, Chock said:

I presume you've tried verifying the local files?

If not, crank up Steam, right click on FSX in your program list, choose Properties from the pop up menu, then go to the Local Files tab and choose Verify Integrity of Game Files from the bottom of the list.

If that doesn't work, throw away the FSX config file and crank it up again so it writes a new config file. You might have to then tweak that new config file or reinstall some FSX add-ons having done that, but it should get FSX going.

Yes I did the File Integrity twice and then I also uninstalled FSX rebooted and re-installed - same error.

I will try deleting the config file and see what happens - will advise.

Very very frustrating - I am totally stumped.

58 minutes ago, Dane Watson said:

Yes I did the File Integrity twice and then I also uninstalled FSX rebooted and re-installed - same error.

I will try deleting the config file and see what happens - will advise.

Very very frustrating - I am totally stumped.

Deleting FSX.cfg did not fix the issue.

It must have something to do with one of the add-on programs installed after FSX because I know FSX was working halfway through my re-install, problem is I don't know which add-on did it so I have to start at the last one - uninstall it then test FSX. Will have to go through this process for all add-ons after FSX was working - awful job!!!