Sign in to follow this  
simbio

F1 GTN no import Flight plan

15 minutes ago, orbmis said:

Thanks for an outstanding write-up and review of each of the flight planning sites, and also of the iflightplanner app. They not only served as a review, but pretty much a tutorial on how to use each.

Great job again, and I'm sure many of us in the community will benefit from that post.

Mike

Mike,

I had trouble finding the GNS flight plan export at Fltplan.com. Read they had it. Contacted support and they advised me how to configure an aircraft and then where to find the feature. In getting that response from them they also said more Garmin related enhancements were on the way and likely include a GTN compatible export. They did not provide a timetable.  I use Fltplan.com because I am married to their iPad flight simulator app, FltplanGo.  They also provide an Android app.

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

8 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Mike,

I had trouble finding the GNS flight plan export at Fltplan.com. Read they had it. Contacted support and they advised me how to configure an aircraft and then where to find the feature. In getting that response from them they also said more Garmin related enhancements were on the way and likely include a GTN compatible export. They did not provide a timetable.  I use Fltplan.com because I am married to their iPad flight simulator app, FltplanGo.  They also provide an Android app.

I've got an iPad also, and was wondering if you had tried the IOS iFlightplanner app? Just me, or does it seems a lil cleaner/less complicated than FltPlan Go.

Mike

16 minutes ago, orbmis said:

I've got an iPad also, and was wondering if you had tried the IOS iFlightplanner app? Just me, or does it seems a lil cleaner/less complicated than FltPlan Go.

Mike

Mike,

Have not tried their app.  I have been at Fltplan.com for a number of years going back to well before their app.  Over time I have fine-tuned the performance tables there for 10 FSX aircraft. Also have a number of saved routes there.  Lot of work. So I am pretty much rooted there for those reasons.  Hope I left any preference out of the reviews of the other two sites. That was my intention.  I often use Skyvector and now iFlightplanner when I am looking to assemble a new route, but I then take the line back to Fltplan.com to get it into the FltplanGo app.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere