Sign in to follow this  
AnkH

[Resolved] New AI Models Effects Handling

Hi Simbol, I realized that almost all newly released AI traffic models come with their own .fx files for the beacon, strobe and nav lights (FAIB 767 and FSPXAI C-Series to name two...). This makes the whole AI light thingy now a little cumbersome, I renamed your .fx lights accordingly and added them to your AI Lights Reborn addon folder. So far, this works as expected, however I see a tendency that I do not like here. Will your payware product also be able to cope with the fact that more and more AI models use their own .fx files? Thanks for clarification...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Hi Simbol, I realized that almost all newly released AI traffic models come with their own .fx files for the beacon, strobe and nav lights (FAIB 767 and FSPXAI C-Series to name two...). This makes the whole AI light thingy now a little cumbersome, I renamed your .fx lights accordingly and added them to your AI Lights Reborn addon folder. So far, this works as expected, however I see a tendency that I do not like here. Will your payware product also be able to cope with the fact that more and more AI models use their own .fx files? Thanks for clarification...

Hello Ankh,

Thanks for the heads up, can you send me the new names so I can update the freeware installation file accordingly? these things happens, the simple solution is just to update the software.

Regarding the payware version, it will have a tool that will scan your AI traffic configuration files and update the Lights section accordingly on your behalf, so all you need to do is to re-run the AI Lights re-calibration tool when you install new AI models.

Best Regards,
Simbol

Nice, thanks for the info. Yes, I can send you the names as soon as I am back home.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS