Mikimiki44

P3d v4 is Freezing and Crashing to Desktop

Hi,

From 1 month i have a problem with p3d v4. The simulator is normaly working until the moment when i descending or landing. The simulator is freezing for 3 minutes and after Crashing. Im thinking that problem could be the this pirated AI program initials not allowed pack (https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/513098-this pirated AI program initials not allowed-ai-traffic-pack-gone/) which i have instaled but i dont know how to uninstal it. From Add-ons i have ORBX Global, Rex 4, Pmdg 737,GSX and some demos, not payware sceneries of airports.

Thanks for your help.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Never heard of the pirated program causing a crash. :dry:  First of all, we do not discuss pirated software here at AVSIM whatsoever.  So, if this is your problem, it is your problem and AVSIM is not going to help you resolve a problem from installing AI that was developed by others and put into an AI program without their permission.  Any responses on how to uninstall the AI program will be removed immediately.  We do not support people who does these things and this is probably community wide as developers have a major issue when someone takes their intellectual property and puts it into their program without even asking if it is okay.  It is kind of a lazy-mans way of maybe getting rich (although I heard the illegal software is free).  If you want to know how to uninstall this AI program you will have to go to the developer and get his instructions or uninstall all of your addons first, then uninstall P3DV4, and then run a registry cleaner and make sure all of the hidden folders are deleted too and then reinstall P3D.

The AVSIM CTD Guide provides further information on how you can investigate your crash.  You need to look in the Event Viewer as shown in the guide to see if there is a faulting module.  This gives you a clue as to the cause.  The guide also has a link to AppCrashView which will give you more information about the crash.  Page 10 provides information on how to fix most CTD's and Freezes in P3DV4 and instructions on how to investigate to find the culprit causing your crash.  See link in my signature for a link to the guide.

Best regards,

Jim