Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

Radar Contact 4 and GTN 750

I am currently using PF3 but not real happy with it.  Unable to use the GTN 750 with it, just was curious if the GTN 750 can be used in conjunction with Radar Contact 4.  I have read some posts that have debated which is better PF3 or RC4 and many have said that RC4 may be somewhat easier to use versus PF3.  Not here to start a debate, I'm looking at buying RC4 and try it and see which one I like better.  I have developed a real liking to the GTN 750 and won't even consider purchasing another aircraft if it doesn't have GTN 750 integration.  I only fly GA aircraft.  No heavies.  Would like to know if anyone can tell me how to get the GTN 750 to work with RC4 if possible.  Thanks 

Rodger

Roger,

RC4 accepts FSX/P3D flight plans so if your GTN750 accepts those you are sorted. RC4 works well for IFR flights irrespective of whether the aircraft is a Boeing, Airbus or GA.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

49 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Roger,

RC4 accepts FSX/P3D flight plans so if your GTN750 accepts those you are sorted. RC4 works well for IFR flights irrespective of whether the aircraft is a Boeing, Airbus or GA.

Thanks Ray.  The GTN 750 will only accept .gfp flight plans.  I'm going to try RC4 as I'm kind of tired of PF3 .

I do find it strange when companies create a custom flight plan instead of just going with the default.

I’m sure you’ll find RC4 to your liking. Its simplicity is its strength.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

17 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I do find it strange when companies create a custom flight plan instead of just going with the default.

I’m sure you’ll find RC4 to your liking. Its simplicity is its strength.

Looking forward to trying it out.