Sign in to follow this  
oriusmagus

CPU new gen advice needed

Hi,

Can anyone help me with upgrading my system, cause I dont know which components are good and which will work great together. Following is my current setting:

ASUS P8H67-M Rev.3.0

Intel® Core™ i7-2600

2x GeIL DIMM 8 GB DDR3-1333 Kit

NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (2x)

Seagate ST31000526SV 1TB

LG GH-22ls

thermaltake tr2 rx 55w

Want to upgrade the cpu to the newest one form Intel, is the next gen out yet? Read that one of them is, the other coming in 2018, but dont know, if the one out yet is a good choice for running P3Dv4. If I upgrade the CPU I also will need to upgrade the rest, excluding GPU and harddrives

Can Anyone help me with the components and give me some advice?

Developer          www.facebook.com/Crossfeed-Design

Phil

Hello Phil, best bang for the buck out there now and latest generation is the 8700k. You have several simmers here that already bought it, just do a search ;)

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

The next intel generation from what i heard only comes out later next year, unless amd makes a move earlier :) is always hard to know what are their intentions.

If you buy the 8700k you gonna need a Mobo socket 1151 chipset Z370, ram DDR 4, 32 GB is highly recommend, water cooling is recommended for any k cpu, the one i have for example Corsair H110i GTX, as for PSU, depends on what you have now, but for a GTX 1060 and a 8700k i would say a 650 w good PSU its enough, but you can go with a 850w to have some slack ;)

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync