Sign in to follow this  
sedacajr

Impossible to pan - Big lag when moving camera

Hi

I am really frustrated with chaseplane. Panning is almost impossible, there is a very big lag when moving the camera. It works like I have a very poor performance but the problem is happening with 30 fps, with any aircraft (pmdg 777 for example) and in any scenario. The problem get worst when I close chaseplane and open it again. Its like the problem get worst 2x any time I restart. The effect is like I haver 5 fps.

I have tried everything and make some tests. For example, If I close chaseplane and panning with default mode in sim everything works perfect. When I open chaseplane again the smoothless gone!

Something strange is that, when P3D lost focus, panning with Chaseplane works perfect and smooth. 

I have checked all the key assignements in P3D and chaseplane looking for some conflicts, but all seems to look good.

I have P3D v 4.1

Regards,

Senén Castillo

Can you generate a report file from the Preferences and send it over to the address mentioned at the top of the report file with a reference to this thread.

Thanks!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven

Thanks for your help. Problem resolved!!!!. I found that Windows Game Mode was affecting the chaseplane performance. Once desactivated, the smoothness came back, so that was the problem. 

Very appreciate your support.

Senén Castillo.

Alright, thanks for your research.

Each time Game Mode comes up as an issue, the font gets larger and larger for that section in the upcoming User Manual

• Upvote 2

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I have Game mode disabled, not only via the Game mode menu in Win10 settings but also via the registry, yet I have exactly the same problem reported in the opening post. It affects every a/c, from PMDG to FSL and makes flying nearly impossible....huge lags and stutters even with 30 FPS, both on the ground and in the air as soon as I try to pan. Closing Chaseplane the problem disappears, starting it up again, it is OK for a few minutes than the problem reappears again. Using CP latest build (Experimental version).

Ezio 

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR