Sign in to follow this  
tamba765

MakeRwys installation problem P3Dv4

I'm not sure if this is the proper place for this post, but here goes. I installed the Lorby-SI AddonOrganizer as recommended by the MakeRwys installation instructions for P3Dv4. It installed OK.

When I tired to run MakeRwys, I got a message which said it "failed to make all of the data files" "Total airports-0, runways-0". I have ORBX scenery with the 3 runway configuration at KSEA. I thought that it would make the third runway.

The RAAS feature I have still sees only 2 runways. It will not identify the center runway. When approaching runway 16C, RAAS calls out 16R. I have the latest version of MakeRwys, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Pete Locascio

You didn't read all of the manual.  Open up Backup/Restore in the Addon Organizer.  Go all the way down to "Export library for external tool" (that's the make runways program).  Click on that and follow the directions.  I have over 63,000 runways.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Ok,  I did what that section of the manual said to do. I had to run MakeRunways a couple of times, but I got it to work. Do I need to repeat this entire procedure each time I add an airport update containing runway changes, or do I only need to run the MakeRunways application? Thanks

Pete Locascio

4 minutes ago, tamba765 said:

do I only need to run the MakeRunways application?

Yes.  But you would have to do this anyway.  This is just a couple more steps.  Hopefully someday someone will have a program to automate the process.  I think, if Oliver at Lorby_Si added something to show where your P3DV4 or v3 is located, then all we would need to do is click on MakeRunways in his excellent program and it would go to the directory and execute the program.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello @ll,

as requested by Pete Dowson, the P4AO contains a command line interface that MakeRunways uses (has been that way since June). Normally it should be enough to run MakeRunways "as Administrator". Pete made it so, that MR will automatically access the P4AO, generate its personal .cfg file and parse it. The only prerequisite is, that P4AO is installed properly using the installer, so the correct registry keys are present on your computer.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

3 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello @ll,

as requested by Pete Dowson, the P4AO contains a command line interface that MakeRunways uses (has been that way since June). Normally it should be enough to run MakeRunways "as Administrator". Pete made it so, that MR will automatically access the P4AO, generate its personal .cfg file and parse it. The only prerequisite is, that P4AO is installed properly using the installer, so the correct registry keys are present on your computer.

Best regards

Thanks for the information (and Pete for starting this topic). I am about to use MakeRwys and hence P4AO in order to use ProATC/X so it's nice to know this.

Yes it's important that you not run the make runways inside the data section of proatc or you will probably have two airports in your database.  Thanks to Oliver for his info about running Pete's program but I am missing runways unless I convert using your program first.

Submit News to AVSIM

29 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

I am missing runways unless I convert using your program first.

Hello Jim,

it is important to run MakeRwys "As Administrator" and that the P4AO is installed correctly. Otherwise MakeRwys will not query P4AO for the current local cfg.

When it works, you can see the result as "MakeRwys_Scenery.cfg" right next to the MakeRwys.exe - I just tested this two days ago, and it definitely still works correctly. But if I just doubleclick MR, it won't.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Thanks Oliver.  Great info.  Will have to check it out when I get back to my desktop.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM