Sign in to follow this  
bootsie

unable to enter airway in flight plan

I've just been trying to enter the following IFR route directly into the flightplan window.

KJFK RBV J230 BYRDD J48 FLASK KATL

After clicking the RBV VOR and selecting Load Airway, then selecting J230/BYRDD, it never appears in either the flightplan window or the map display. No errors anywhere and nothing in the logs.

I used FP Import to import the route string directly and that seemed to work fine.  Am I doing something wrong? I'm using AIRAC 1712 on v2.3.1.1

Thanks

Just tried here, same thing happened.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Just to add to this - even when I import the route string, the waypoints for the SID don't appear in my flight plan.  I thought it was working ok that way but apparently not.

SIDs, STARs and Approaches (the procedures) are not part of the route and are therefore not imported.  This is because the procedures need to be based on active runways etc which will change from one flight to another while the route can be saved and reused.

Sorry, I wasn't explaining properly.

When I filed the imported flight plan and the SID and STAR were selected automatically, the SID waypoints didn't appear on the map or in the flightplan.  The STAR points were fine though.

Dave,

Route was

KJFK RBV J230 BYRDD J48 FLASK KATL

Just tried this and GREKI4 SID was chosen automatically but doesn't appear anywhere in the flightplan.  STAR was WINNG1 and shows up fine in both the flightplan and the map.

Thanks for the additional detail.

I've found the bug that was causing the SID not to display and also the bug that prevented the manual entry of the route...so next update should fix both.

Thanks again,

Dave