Sign in to follow this  
jonz747

Yellow tint

Hi there, 

I have done multiple fresh installs and wiped my computer but i can't seem to solve an issue where theres a yellow tint. Its more prevalent at night and ive tried switching to multiple monitors, turned down settings like saturation until its almost black and white , made sure night mode was off and blue light settings as well and still no joy. Does anyone have experience with this issue or any suggestions that might help me? Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, jonz747 said:

Hi there, 

I have done multiple fresh installs and wiped my computer but i can't seem to solve an issue where theres a yellow tint. Its more prevalent at night and ive tried switching to multiple monitors, turned down settings like saturation until its almost black and white , made sure night mode was off and blue light settings as well and still no joy. Does anyone have experience with this issue or any suggestions that might help me? Thanks in advance

I am not sure if I understand, could you take a picture with your phone or a camera an post it? it is important to use an external device to take the pic because if what is faulty is a piece of hardware it will not show the issue with normal windows screenshots.

Please also state your system specifications.

Simbol

Thanks for replying. I’m not home now but I have some pictures at different airports on my phone. I just can’t figure out how to attach as it’s asking for a link 

7 minutes ago, jonz747 said:

Thanks for replying. I’m not home now but I have some pictures at different airports on my phone. I just can’t figure out how to attach as it’s asking for a link 

Upload them here for free: https://imgur.com/ then get the image link and post it on the forum.

Simbol

15 minutes ago, jonz747 said:

https://imgur.com/gallery/Qo7SH

hope that works and thanks 

Ok I have seen enough, lets start the debugging process:

1) What system do you have? state PC specs, monitors, video card, etc.

2) What Add-on's are you using? list anything that could modify your shaders (PTA, EventEx, Black Marble, etc)

3) Try deleting your local shaders cache, these are located here: C:\Users\<YOU>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Shaders 

If 3 solves your problem but it comes back, it means you have an Add-on causing this issue.

4) It could also be a wrong setting from TOGA or a similar add-on.

5) It could also be artefacts due to the Video card being overloaded, we need to see your system specs to determine this, monitor your Video Card usage to see if it is under load.

Best Regards,

Simbol

I should have stated that I had also removed the video card to make sure it wasn’t the issue and the problem remained the same. Here are my specs

i7 4.2ghz oc 4.8ghz

16gb ram

1080ti graphics card

monitor is asus mg28uq 4k monitor

have pta but it’s not installed in any of the pictures. Also using rex 4 texture direct with soft clouds which is in one photo and not the others. I can do number three in a few hours after my shift and report back. But all of those were after wiping windows completely. Also other addons would be orbx vector, north and South America as well as Europe 

30 minutes ago, jonz747 said:

Just noticed you said v2 for the shaders. I’m on v4.1 if that makes a difference

PTA will change your shaders when you reinstall it, the directory I send is just an example of where you will find the shaders, try to delete them and see if the problem gets resolved.

Simbol

Hello 

A quick way of finding your Shaders folder...........

Copy the Tex below and Paste it into your Windows search bar and click on the result,  this will bring you directly to the correct location

Right click and Delete the Shaders folder    For an Image of this folder   Click here

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

The Shaders folder will generate again when you launch Prepar3D

10 minutes ago, jonz747 said:

found them thanks. no difference still have the yellow stuff

You cleared them and the problem persist?

Make a copy of your pd3.cfg file, delete it and launch PD3 again to see if you get an improvement.

Simbol