Sign in to follow this  
mcrabtree

Addon Airports

I’ve added several airports and helipads into flight sim with afcad. They don’t show up in the gns 750. Is there a way to get the show up. It seems all addon airports don’t show up. 

Hi, the GTN trainer running the core of the simulation uses real Garmin and Jepessen database. Thus, when updating FltSim with external database it only updates FltSim and this is normal.

should you want to add additional entries in the GTN, it supports importing user waypoints though!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

1 hour ago, mcrabtree said:

I’ve added several airports and helipads into flight sim with afcad. They don’t show up in the gns 750. Is there a way to get the show up. It seems all addon airports don’t show up. 

Are the airports your creations or real airports? If real make sure you have the correct database loaded in the GTN.

Just to clarify, you stated GNS 750. The 750 is GTN. Are you using GNS 530 or GTN 750?

You can switch nav databases between Worldwide and Americas by using the RXP Configuration Panel | device options. Press and hold the SHIFT key then RIGHT-Click the top edge of the GTN device to open the configuration panel. See page 5 of Reality XP GTN Touch FltSim.pdf

Also on page 9 of Reality XP GTN Touch FltSim.pdf explains how to import your own waypoints. I provided an example here. https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/522321-userwpt-and-orbx-meigs-field/

• Upvote 1

Yes they are real airports. Mostly helipads of hospitals.  Some of them are in the database but most aren’t. Yes I’m talking about the 750 touch. I created and imported some of them but it will be time consuming because there are around 100 or so I think.