Sign in to follow this  
Joe Lighty

P3D V4 - Install P3D V3 Addon?

Hi there,

I have P3D V4 and I'm trying to install an older addon and am getting the message "Addon requires Prepar3D V3 to be installed."

I have followed the youtube tutorial below but this has not worked - the registry appears correct and have set the SetupPath to my V4 directory.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your quick response.

Yes, the addon is P3D v3-compatible - it was made prior to P3D v4, and I'm quite sure it will work in v4, but it's looking for the P3D v3 installation. As mentioned, I'd thought I'd fixed the registry to make it "look" like v3 was installed, but it doesn't seem to have done the trick!

I have a previous licence for v3 - may have to reinstall and simply point the installation path to the V4 directory...

Without knowing what addon you are talking about, it will be rather difficult to help...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Sorry for not providing the details - it is a proprietary IF panel for a King Air that we had made for our company - not released to the general public and licensed to us only. The developer has retired and we have updated to P3D v4 - anyway, managed to trick it into installing into v4 after re-installing v3, but none of the gauges work. May have to revert to v3 for this one.

Thanks for your help!

Ok, then the reason might be very "simple" but hard to resolve: as P3Dv3 was 32bit and P3Dv4 now is 64bit, all 32bit gauges and .dll files do simply not work without being converted to 64bit... That might also explain why this installer does check more than simply the folder name...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS