Sign in to follow this  
StewCal

Can not Access Scenery.cfg

Recommended Posts

I've been reinstalling sceneries after reinstalling Prepar3d 4.1 and I'm getting a dialog box at startup that says "Scenery.cfg File Error.  Could not find scenery...All of Flightbeam airports in this case.  I've searched around and I think I need to edit my Scenery.cfg file.  I know where it is but I can not access it.  Says windows can not find file when I try to open it.  I've unhidden the file but still can't open it.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

 

Steve G.

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

31 minutes ago, StewCal said:

I've been reinstalling sceneries after reinstalling Prepar3d 4.1 and I'm getting a dialog box at startup that says "Scenery.cfg File Error.  Could not find scenery...All of Flightbeam airports in this case.  I've searched around and I think I need to edit my Scenery.cfg file.  I know where it is but I can not access it.  Says windows can not find file when I try to open it.  I've unhidden the file but still can't open it.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

 

Steve G.

Steve you need to access this file as the system administrator, I recommend you use Notepad ++ (https://notepad-plus-plus.org/) in order to avoid corrupting the .cfg file, when you launch Notepad ++ be sure to "Run it as Administrator"

Regards,
Simbol

 

Share this post


Link to post

You're the best!  Did as you said and it worked!

Thanks again!

 

STeve

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, StewCal said:

You're the best!  Did as you said and it worked!

Thanks again!

 

STeve

 

You are welcome! have a superb day, very happy to help you out.

Simbol 

Share this post


Link to post

1zzva8.jpg

This is the message I've been getting.  The following is what shows in my scenery.cfg:


[Flightbeam - KDEN scenery]
Active=FALSE

[Flightbeam - KMSP scenery]
Active=FALSE

[Flightbeam - KSFOHD scenery]
Active=FALSE

[San Diego_KSAN]
Active=FALSE

[San Juan_TJSJ]
Active=FALSE

Not sure where to go from here....

 

STeve

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, StewCal said:

1zzva8.jpg

This is the message I've been getting.  The following is what shows in my scenery.cfg:


[Flightbeam - KDEN scenery]
Active=FALSE

[Flightbeam - KMSP scenery]
Active=FALSE

[Flightbeam - KSFOHD scenery]
Active=FALSE

[San Diego_KSAN]
Active=FALSE

[San Juan_TJSJ]
Active=FALSE

Not sure where to go from here....

 

STeve

Ok you are missing these add-on's directories, the best would be to tell PD3 to unload these areas by pressing yes.

Try reinstalling these add-on's, it will repair the missing directories and files.

Best Regards 

Simbol 

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, that was easy.  Feel kindof dumb.  It worked.  I think what the issue was is that because I did not uninstall them correctly using the new FlightBeam manager the first time, uninstalling a second time and then reinstalling fixed my previous error.  Thanks for the help.  I really appreciate it!

 

Steve

 

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, StewCal said:

Wow, that was easy.  Feel kindof dumb.  It worked.  I think what the issue was is that because I did not uninstall them correctly using the new FlightBeam manager the first time, uninstalling a second time and then reinstalling fixed my previous error.  Thanks for the help.  I really appreciate it!

 

Steve

 

No worries a pleasure.

Simbol 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this