Sign in to follow this  
capt_cm

U.S. Airways Express 717-200

Hey everyone! Is anyone here familiar with painting the HJG 717-200? I run a virtual airline on Instagram (U.S. Airways Virtual) and we wanted to acquire a new regional plane, primarily the 717. 

So if anyone can paint this plane, let me know! Thanks!!!00013735.jpg

Hi Folks,

Now THAT’s my airline - beautiful paint !

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I wonder what regional of US Airways Express had 717's? I worked for the mainline carrier for 36 years and wasn't aware that they had any.

NAX669.png

Hi Folks,

I don't think so - US Carriers were limited to Air Tran, Midwest, and Hawaiian that I recall... I'm not adverse to a little poetic license or what if scenarios...

I rode Air Tran a bunch and they seemed like little rocket ships...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

On 11/29/2017 at 1:05 PM, mwilk said:

I wonder what regional of US Airways Express had 717's? I worked for the mainline carrier for 36 years and wasn't aware that they had any.

Yeah, they didn't operate 717's. But we're constantly trying to add new "fantasy" liveries into our fleet. The 717 would fit in perfectly, as we don't have too any high capacity regional airliners. The only one we have is the MD-81, but that's in an old USAir livery, and the ERJ-190, but the 717 holds a lot more passengers. 

On 11/29/2017 at 1:23 PM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

I don't think so - US Carriers were limited to Air Tran, Midwest, and Hawaiian that I recall... I'm not adverse to a little poetic license or what if scenarios...

I rode Air Tran a bunch and they seemed like little rocket ships...

Regards,
Scott

Yeah, US Airways didn't operate the plane, but at the virtual airline, we'd love to get it as "fantasy" livery. We already acquired an A350, 777, 787,747 and 737-MAX9. This would fill the gap we have for medium haul regional routes.