Sign in to follow this  
andreadebiase

Cargo and nearest airports

Two unrelated questions. 

Is the cargo value in fmc the weight of everything or only packages carried in addition to the passenger luggage?

is nearest airport any nearest airport or only airports where a 737 can land?

thanks

The cargo value includes baggage and boxes and anything else stuffed into the cargo areas.

FCOM 11.43.32  is vague on this point.  It says the FMC scans the navigation database for five closest airports.  I've always assume that my minimum runway length setting for the ND would filter the five airports to those with runways longer than that setting but I haven't tested it.

Dan Downs KCRP

42 minutes ago, andreadebiase said:

thank you! and I think 25 pounds is what an airline usually assumes as luggage weight per person?

Carry on bags have an assumed weight, and this varies by country and operator.  I think 20 lbs is often used, maybe more in the winter.  Checked bags are weighed so about everything in the cargo holds are known weights.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan: Actually carryons should be included in PAX weight. 

20-30lbs is often used as assumption on a per-pax weight of checkin bags where it's impossible or impractical to weigh them individually.