Sign in to follow this  
Martin_Starski

p3d v4.1 change of view / panning is jerky

Hello,

Today I chaged my monitor to the new 4k one, which allows me to set 30Hz and thus with vsync, tripple buffering, unlimited fps.

Unfortnately panning in both inside and outside view is not smooth - is jerky :(

When I'm flying, everything seems to work well, especially as with 30Hz I can maintain 30 fps in almost all conditions.

The same in case of changing the views - it's not so smooth as before. Previously I had 50Hz with vsync and was very satisfied with smoothness, however I wasn't able to always reach 50 fps.

Is it a difference between 30Hz and 50Hz or maybe something still can be changed by me? Does anyone have any ideas please? Maybe after such change something should be changed in ChasePlane (experimental mode)?

My plane is Dash 8 q400 by Majestic Software.

Is your videocard up to it ?  I understand you need at least a 1080, preferably a 1080i for 4K

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

Unfortunately it's GTX 970 Gaming - should I really have the better one to have smooth frames with 30Hz / 30 fps? I didn't know that it depends on graphic card either :(

My colleague using the same monitor has got 1070 and claims that it's smooth like a silk.

During a flight everything around my plane seems to be smooth, also the view seems to be smooth enough. But when I do the faster change of view  Only when I move the view quickly (outside) or change the views by chaseplane, these changes are slowed / jerky.