Sign in to follow this  
mvsoccerdad

P3D v3 keeps crashing in the same place

Hello,

I have been trying to complete a flight from KDHN to KMEM. Each time I get near Tuscaloosa, AL P3D crashes. I don't have any add-on scenery installed for that area or anything. I was able to fly KMEM-KDHN over the same area without the Sim crashing. Anyone else encountered a similar scenario or have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Any AppCrashView or Event Viewer Report (see page 4, AVSIM CTD Guide)(link to guide in my signature or pinned topic in this forum).

You do know that P3DV3, a 32-bit program, is not working very well with the latest version of Windows 10?  Lockheed Martin has advised that Microsoft is aware of it and hope to publish a fix soon.  Since Tuesday is usually Microsoft Update day, we are thinking this might be the day.  In any case, your sim is currently unstable if running in Windows 10, latest version.

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Thanks! That makes a lot of sense. I've had a lot if CTDs lately for various reasons. This particular 1 has just been the most annoying. I hope they do push a fix soon!

• Upvote 1

Good show!  Meanwhile, I would recommend downloading the AVSIM CTD Guide (link in my signature) just in case they do not update on Tuesday.  We just released the latest version last week.  It will show you how to troubleshoot YOUR situation.  I had a similar crash at exactly the same spot on a flight plan back in the FSX days.  Turned out to be an AI from MyTrafficX that had no flightplan and had no where to go and crashed the system when I got near where it was supposed to take off.  MyTrafficX later updated to the current version and the problem mostly went away.  Since you indicated you had no add-ons, I did not mention it but I wanted to bring it to your attention as just the smallest issue with an addon will make BIG problems.  That problem always showed the ntdll.dll was at fault.  Another one showed the G3D.dll as the faulting module.  Always crashed at the same location as I was landing at San Diego.  Around San Diego there are many military based so I suspected MyTrafficX again.  Everyone was telling me to disable mytrafficmil.bgl and rename it to mytrafficmil.bgl.off.  I had not disabled it for many months as I was not having any problems so I figure all the members here telling me to disable it were off their rockers until I disabled it and the G3D.dll errors went away.  Always wise to listen to the membership!!

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Interesting... I do use MyTraffic just no other local scenery in that area. Could be the same situation as you described. i will certainly download the guide.

Thank you for the recommendation and your assistance!